“Excellent as Hotel airports go”

Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
Naples
“Excellent as Hotel airports go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Love this place! Right in the terminal, no shuttle buses required. Walk right from arrivals to the hotel. Welcoming staff, well appointed rooms although some only have showers and no bathtubs. Ask for a view facing the airport and not the parking lot. Valet parking was slow at times depending on how busy it was, seemed short staffed. The rooms are spacious, clean and bright. Nice concierge lounge if you use it. Overall a really great value for a hotel airport. Still has that new hotel smell.....which is a good thing!

Room Tip: ask for a view of the airport
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

My daughter and I recently spent a night at the Marriott Montreal Airport Hotel. We couldn't have been happier with the customer service and the quality of the facility...a true surprise for an airport hotel. Everyone with Marriott was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again anytime we are in Montreal.

2 Thank Kathey P
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Spent the week at the Marriott Airport hotel in Montreal (YUL) this past week.

Surprised to find out the restaurant was quite good for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A must have when travelling to this part of the world is Poutine. I had it twice... lunch and dinner. It was quite good a representative of any quality Poutine anywhere.

Good rates can be found on the hotel's website.

Give it a go !

Room Tip: Book your room on the hotels website... good rates.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Mtl_Airport_Marriott, General Manager at Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your great feedback related to your recent dining experiences in our Bijou restaurant. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our food especially our poutine, a local speciality!

We appreciate your business and hope that you will come stay with us again the next time you are in Montreal!
Suffern, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

At first, I was upset to learn this was the only available option for our stay in Montreal because I felt that it was expensive as it included concierge level services and was also literally part of the airport. Having said that, the hotel was clean, modern and surprisingly quiet and it worked out great! I was disappointed that it didn't include daily breakfast. The concierge level services were a great perk though as we were pleasantly greeted and enjoyed a really great breakfast Monday morning and dinner on Sunday night, along with snacks and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks in the concierge lounge on the 9th floor. Meals are available Sunday night - Friday morning I believe. I loved the gym and pool. The gym was clean, attractive and very well equipped and I had a great workout there. The pool was sort of for swimming laps but I found it a little too shallow for me. I also took a dip in the hot tub and enjoyed the ambiance of the relaxing pool furniture. The location allowed us to leave our car in the parking lot ($24 per day) and conveniently go into the terminal to buy a ticket to catch the 747 bus which ran frequently and took us into downtown Montreal. It was about a half hour ride and a good choice. We were there on the weekend and bought a weekend pass for Saturday and Sunday for $13 unlimited rides per person. If you wanted internet service in your room, you had to pay $16 per day. I thought this was inconvenient especially since we had to turn off our phones to avoid roaming charges and were already paying a lot to stay there. However, you are able to get a pass at the reception desk to use at the business center in the lobby. In the end, this turned out to be a very good location for us as we discovered our business meeting was literally minutes away and we didn't have to worry about commuting and traffic. I would return to this hotel and recommend it to friends and family. I gave it a very good rating because it's more designed as a hotel for business travelers than for families as it doesn't offer a daily breakfast, free parking or free wifi which I have come to always expect and enjoy at less expensive hotels.

Petaluma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Took 15 minutes and two calls up to the bell desk to get somebody to help us with our bags (the entrance is one floor down with just a telephone at an unstaffed desk). But hey, when he finally did show up the guy offered to return my car for me, so ...

Front desk staff was quick an professional.

Room very modern. Neat and tidy, though the bed linens were dirty.

One soap. One. For a room they charge $250 a night for.

Slowish internet by the time you get to mid evening.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Mtl_Airport_Marriott, General Manager at Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and bringing to our attention certain situations you encountered. We are happy to hear that, in general, you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our convenient location within the airport.

Your feedback about our valet service provides us with an opportunity to improve our service during very busy periods as was the case when you called for your car. We apologize that the valet on duty took longer than normal to deliver your car, but thank you for recognizing his initiative to return your rental car on your behalf to compensate for this unusual lapse in service.

We have also reviewed our measures to ensure that all of our bed linens meet our standards. We are always happy to provide additional bathroom amenities when needed and encourage our customers to advise the front desk or their room attendant of any requests they may have.

Once again, we greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have stayed in Marriott hotels around the world and this is perhaps the best one I have visited. Excellent service, clean, modern with a great bar and restaurant. It is a great contrast to most hotels in the area which are run down and worn out, a little like Montreal itself. This really is a good place to stay, good pool too. I hardly ever give top marks but this place is currently worth it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bad_2_the_bone
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was my first time staying at this hotel. I had stayed in other hotels in the area but never this close to the airport. Actually, this hotel is connected directly to the airport terminal. So if you need to catch a plane the next morning, you don’t need to go outside. Just a few steps and you are at the check-in counter. I didn't have a plane to catch the next day, although I wish I have an itinerary going to Europe, Vegas or maybe Asia.

I stayed here just for one night with my wife and an eight year old. The kid was quite excited because he got to see many aeroplanes taking off and landing. However, my wife was worried if the noises would be an issue since we were pretty much in the airport. If any reader is concern about the noise, then I can assure you that there is no need to worry. It’s extremely quiet!! When I am in the room, I don’t hear anything from the outside. Even if you are sitting in the lobby, it’s very relaxing. No loud crazy plane noise whatsoever.
Check-in was really smooth. I suggest you sign up for the Marriott Rewards memberships. It’s free and convenient. You will then be able to use its mobile check-in. Once you have confirmed your check-in on your mobile, just walk up to the front desk and pick up your key from the agent. The whole process took me less than five minutes. Once I got my room keys, I notified the valet parking attendant who also happened to be the Bell Boy, to send our luggage to our room. Parking is $24.00 whether it’s valet or self-park. I took the valet parking instead of self-park since it’s the same cost and it’s much more convenient.

I have reserved a room with two queens beds. Spacious room with modern decor. Size of the room is around 385sqft/35sqm for a regular King/2 Queens bedroom. My room was quite shinny since it was facing West and it was also facing the terminal and the run way. If you have a child who loves plane, he/she will be looking out the window all the time instead of watching TV. Good size for a bathroom. Modern style, simple but sophisticated. I like it when there no bathtub, shower with glass window, and one sink. The room is also equipped with a mini fridge, iron and iron board. The room is clean. No weird smell. The bed is comfortable. Plenty of fresh towels in the bathroom and no stain on them.

Unfortunately, Wi-Fi is not included under the regular room category. Cost is $15.95, furthermore this is not mentioned anywhere on the hotel website. I believe this is an issue which most guests have complained or will complain about. In my opinion, the cost of the Wi-Fi should be addressed on the website. Spoke to the front desk about it, I was then offered an upgrade with a fee. So, for an extra $40.00, this upgrade includes WIFI and access to the concierge lounge. You and whoever staying in your room will enjoy free non-alcoholic drinks, snacks and breakfast in the lounge located on the 9th floor. If you are a silver member of the Marriott Reward program, the fee reduces by $10.00. The lounge is very comfortable. You will find local or international newspaper, plenty of non-alcoholic beverage, and premium liquors (with a fee) to choose from, a TV with comfy leather sofa, and few tables. It has also two PCs which you will have access to print documents should you need to. Nevertheless, I am sure there will be guests who will not return to the hotel because of this issue.

I did have breakfast in the lounge. It’s a buffet style. You do get a variety of choice such as; sausages, fresh fruit, bacon, French toasts, scramble eggs, etc…The best part was that there was no line up, no one was fighting over the food, so you get to enjoy it in a non stressful environment unlike some other hotels when they offer free breakfast.

The pool and the fitness centre are located on the 8th floor. The fitness centre is well equipped, good size and if you are on the treadmill, the view looking out is not too bad despite it’s not an ocean view. The Spa centre is located inside the fitness centre. The pool isn't very big rather long and narrow. I do enjoy the whirlpool though, water in good temperature, good size and very relaxing. There is also a lift for people in wheelchair to gain access to the pool.

Overall, this is very nice hotel but it might be a little pricey if I compare with other hotels near the airport. From the valet attendant, front desk staff and the concierge lounge staff, they are great. Service is excellent. This is the most convenient hotel if you have an early flight to catch the next morning. There is no need to take a shuttle bus or taxi. In other words, location location location! I will return to this hotel next time whether or not I have a plane to catch the next morning.

Room Tip: Get the upgrade package if you need Wifi. Take the valet parking if you are driving.
1 Thank Worldtluxtraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#50 of 163 in Montreal

Been to Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel? Share your experiences!