Comfort Inn Aeroport
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Spa
All reviewstrudeau airportlong term parkingroom was largedecent hotelnear airportyogurtfree breakfastmontrealhairdryermicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We are used to the Comfort Inn being consistently good and did not check Trip Advisor before booking this hotel. It is conveniently located to the Airport and they have a good shuttle service but that is it. The hotel has no elevator and everything looks worn out and beyond the wear date. Our room had a smoke detector hanging from the wires. It went off when you took a shower. When told, the front desk said, "Oh, we put in a work order two weeks ago." The towel bar in the bathroom fell off -- when told, the front desk said, "oh, OK." The breakfast area was tiny, dark, and overcrowded -- with the food prep for the breakfast being done in the hallway! This is not the Comfort Inn that we have become used to in the states, more like a low end $39 hotel.

Room Tip: If you have trouble carting luggage up a flight of stairs, make sure you get a first floor room. First floor rooms have sliding doors into the parking area, which for some is a security issue.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Craig T
Manager330, General Manager at Comfort Inn Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback and we certainly take this feedback seriously to aid in our continuous improvement. While we know we are in need of a facelift and are planning the improvements, we do our best to to make up for these shortcomings by providing clean rooms and excellent customer service.

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I didn't check TA before booking here - it was last minute for me - I would probably not have booked here if I'd looked. Having said that, the room was large, the bed and pillows very comfortable. The room did not smell of 'old hotel' or of strong air freshner. TThe carpet in the hall has seen much better days but it was okay in the room. The bed was very comfortable, high and with a foamy; the pillows were plentiful and good. Breakfast was so-so. There were three kinds of cereal, some commercial muffins, and some tired looking white bread for toasting. I also saw boiled eggs and plain bagels. The breakfast room only has two tables but they provide small trays for you to take your food to your room. Room coffee was okay but coffee downstairs was excellent. Cleanliness in the room was patchy. The bedding was newer, the sheets appeared to have been changed and the bedspread looked reasonably new. The bath looked big and comfortable but there were hairs in the bathtub and on the bathroom floor, not mine! There was a flat screen TV with basic cable and a large table that served as a desk. A four drawer dresser and a fridge were the other furnishings. There was no closet but a place to hang clothing next to the bed. The room was equipped with an iron and a full sized ironing board. There are two floors and no elevators. Staff were reasonably friendly and helpful, but I would have appreciated some help up the stairs with my luggage. The hotel was almost sold out - there was a bus full of tourists parked outside when I arrived. In spite of this, I did not hear any noise at all - either from inside or out. This hotel picked me up at the airport and will drive me to the airport when I leave. That and the included breakfast make this a reasonably good deal. Hotels around Pierre Elliott Trudeau airport are usually premium priced - this was $107 plus taxes, and a taxi to almost any hotel around will be almost $20. Be aware that there is no restaurant in the hotel or within walking distance. There are vending machines with snacks and beer (yes, I did say beer!) but nothing that would resemble dinner! Would I stay here again? Only if I could be guaranteed a room downstairs.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, ensure you book a room on the main floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

As General Manager, guest comments are invaluable to me. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I am pleased that you had an a postive overall experience.I apologize for the housekeeping issues you encountered. We will be sure to address this with our staff.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

The front desk was courteous. The location is ok if you don't need to stay in downtown. Breakfast is ok. The sitting area is a bit small. Good for short stays. Need to drive to get to any stores. They have stairs to access second floor.

• Stayed: August 2013

We are pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and hope for the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Great for a short stay... location is decent because you have to drive a bit to find food. Breakfast is good, rooms are clean and comfy. Rooms have a small fridge and a coffee maker. The coffee isnt that great and has a great TV. Overall I would say comfort inn has the best value for its price. Great economical hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager330, General Manager at Comfort Inn Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

The Comfort Inn Dorval thanks you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted that enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to have you back on your next trip to Dorval.

Thnak you,

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We always stay at this hotel when we fly out of Montreal. We recently stayed here and our car died in the parking lot blocking the gate for the secured parking. The staff was fabulous. The shuttle driver attempted to jump our car to no avail. Our insurance company did come tow the car into a space but not until we had already left for the airport. The manger and front desk clerk handled this for us or we would have missed our flight. Upon our return they recommended a mechanic a couple of blocks away who came to the hotel to get our car and fixed it promply for a fair price. I am very grateful for their service which allowed me to enjoy my vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family