“Good service.”

Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have stayed here several times and the service has been overall good. Close to the airport and the shuttle is very efficient. My only negative (there is always one :) ) I was placed at the very end of the hotel and dragging your bags for a long corridors and some steps is not fun when you want to leave in a hurry.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank kuujjua7
Myriam P, Front Office Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to write a review about our property.

I'd like to apologize if having a room far from the front desk was inconvenient for you, do not hesitate to ask for a room close to the lobby for your next stay!

We are happy that you enjoyed your overall experience with us and hope to see you again soon!

Do not hesitate to give us a call at 514-631-4811 or 1-800-361-2254.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Hotel has a shuttle every 30 minutes. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Had drinks in their bar at $10 each. Super bartender. Rooms were OK. Need hook next to tub for towel. Breakfast was good but waitresses weren't very good-slow and unattentive. For the price, I would stay here again for the convenience of being close to airport.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor, two doors from elevator and it was quiet, even with traffic and pl...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dreamweaver11

Dear DreamWeaver11,

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback about our hotel.

We appreciate your good comments and hope you will stay with us if you come back to Montreal!

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived for a one night stay while driving across the country from Alberta to PEI. After staying in a couple of other best westerns, this one is certainly not a "plus" level hotel. The guy at the front desk Rik was strange and not welcoming. Upon check in he barely said 2 words, spoke far to fast and we witnessed him being rude to another guest. (Guy came to the front desk and asked where he could get some water, Rik said "in the tap in the guest rooms", then the man asked if they had bottled water, and Rik said, "yea, down the hall in the vending machine". It was weird.)

The decor is ancient (circa 1992?) and there wasn't any tissues in our room. The alarm clock and lamp weren't plugged in, so we plugged in the clock and set it. It wasn't long before we realized that it was attached to the main lightswitch at the door and any time we used the light switch turn off the other lights it also turned off the alarm clock. Inconvenient.

Immediately after checking when we went to our room (337)we that the "queen sized" beds were tiny. They were definitely not queens. We call down to the front desk to ask them if they were sure that we were in a queen room as we paid extra for it instead of doubles and Rik assured us we were. We absolutely we're not given queens though, the beds were tiny.

Only thing good about this place was the location, and the breakfast. The servers in the restaurant were lovely unfortunately not lovely enough to make me want to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Adamandbethany
Myriam P, Front Office Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Adamandbethany,

We want to apologize once again for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us.

As I mentioned in my previous e-mails, the bed in the room you've slept in, measures 60 inches X 80 inches, which is the standard for a queen sized bed mattress.

I'd also like to apologize if our night auditor seemed to be rude with you or other guests, it is certainly not in his habits.

If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 514-631-4811 or 1-800-361-2254.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The location is the main draw here...it's right next to the airport, so if you have an early flight (or a late arriving one), it's ideal. I can't imagine using it as a base to explore Montreal, though it is possible.
But they do it all right...rooms are very comfortable and clean, the staff fully bilingual and very helpful (thanks, Maria!). Breakfast isn't a buffet, but sit down service, and it starts @ 5 AM. The choices were tasty and well executed, and quick enough for us to catch the 5:30 shuttle (which runs on the half hour 24 hours). Some review commented that orange juice cost extra, but we got it with the breakfast.
Room service comes without any extra charge but the tip, and was quick, hot, and delicious. There is an in house restaurant and bar (many of the other airport hotels did not have this, and you really can't get to any without a car...which by this time has been turned in). The also have a nice exercise facility and a small pool, if you're so inclined.
Be careful with MapQuesting (is that a gerund?) the actual address, which doesn't correspond with the location. My reservation came with directions that worked out fine, so follow those.
Can't imagine much better if you need something close to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KentheEnchanter

Dear KenTheEnchanter,

Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to let everyone know your appreciation.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Do not hesitate to contact us anytime at 514-631-4811 or 1-800-361-2254.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My family recently attended a wedding in Montreal and chose the Best Western Dorval as we had stayed there a couple of times before and had no complaints.

This time around we booked three rooms, two doubles and one King. Let me start with the King room...We were given a room on the second floor and immediately upon entering noticed a rather strong smell of body odor. Normally I am not one to complain but both my husband and I thought the smell would be too hard to deal with for two days. We requested a room change and the front desk very happily obliged. They gave us a room in a strange little corner on the second floor. This room also smelled but it wasn't as bad. It seemed as though they had tried to mask the smell with some kind of deodorizor. We decided to stay but every time someone came into our room they mentioned the smell! The room was also quite small and would have been suited for one person as opposed to two. The room was quite warm and the air conditioning unit was quite noisy to keep on at night when trying to sleep. Although I usually like to sleep with the "black out" curtains open it was not possible as the lights on the front/side of the hotel shone directly into our room.

My parents had one of the doubles and had the same problem as we did with the air conditioning unit. It was just too loud to keep on during the night, so it was very warm to sleep. My daughters had another double room and their room was the best of the three. Very spacious.

The only other complaint which is no fault of the hotel is the construction surrounding the hotel. We have stayed at this hotel two years in a row and the construction is still going on and there appears to be no end in site. The location of the hotel makes it such that you really can't walk anywhere - you would definitely need a car if you wanted to go shopping or eat somewhere other than the hotel.

Now on the bright side - the hotel is very clean and all staff are very helpful and accomodating. There is a breakfast included. It is not your typical continental breakfast. The breakfast is held in a small restaurant and has a about six different items to chose from. I had the bacon/eggs one morning and the crepe the next morning - both were very good. One word of advice...the first morning we were there, there seemed to be quite a line up if you went after 8am. One of my daughters used the airport shuttle and thought it to be very convenient.

We usually stay at the Best Western Dorval when in Montreal (1-2 times per year) and although they have offered me an upgrade to a deluxe room on my next visit we may consider staying elsewhere next time around.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie S

Dear Julie S,

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about your experience at our property.

I can assure you that your comment about the smell in the room has been brought to our housekeeping manager’s attention.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again!

Do not hesitate to contact us anytime at 514-631-4811 or -1800-361-2254.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My significant other and I upon check in were greeted by friendly staff. Check in was fast and we were able to go to our room and get out to check out the sites and sounds in due time. The shuttle service to and from the Airport was very easy access and appreciated. Then the metro which is located at gate 7 departures which we took the 747 bus to downtown only took 15-20 minutes max was great too. We found that the Gattuso restaurant to be good but a little over priced, however the free hot served breakfast was very good and filling and its only $2-$5 extra in order to get a different version of the breakfast which wasn't that bad we found. The best part about it was the 2pm check out with no extra charge which made our morning relaxing and stress free. The beds were amazing and the bathrooms were very clean and the amenities were the best smelling one's ever provided in a hotel at that calibre. Overall very good experience just a note: make sure you have a car with u and or money for a cab to get to the nearest convenience store in the evening to get a snack because there is nothing within walking distance and or open at the hotel. We sure will be back!!

Room Tip: Get a deluxe King room, big, clean, comfy, and spacious!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maria R

Dear Maria R,

Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel.

We are more than glad to know that you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you again soon!

Do not hesitate to contact us anytime at 514-631-4811 or1-800-361-2254.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel during a stop over between planes. Landed very early and went to hotel before 8:00 am. Advised that breakfast wasn't included that day, but next, do okay, but we were leaving by 6:00 pm for Europe. So we will just have lunch. Oh no, the restaurant only open for breaky and dinner. I wouldn't have booked if I had known this, don't want to order in from some unknown place, don't want pizza. Room was fine, slept 5 hours, but sure wanted lunch, but nope.

This is the 2nd time I've run into this issue where lay overs cause one to stay, but no place to eat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Myriam P, Front Office Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear traveller from Maple Ridge,

I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations concerning lunch at our hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Here are the restaurant hours; 5:00 to 10:00 AM and 5:00 to 10:00 PM.

If I can provide any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at
514-631-4811 or 1-800-361-2254.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#49 of 165 in Montreal

Been to Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!