“Good base at Montreal Trudeau airport”

Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Dorval
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed at Best Western Plus for one night while waiting for relatives to arrive in Canada. Hotel is located 5 min. drive from the airport, shuttle arrived promptly when exiting the arrivals hall so no complain about that. Room on same floor as the reception, was clean and large, bed was comfortable. We went out before dinner (pizza in the hotel bar downstairs), Walmart, La Baie and few other stores are located 10 min. walking distance. Breakfast was ok as other reviewers said 5 options to choose from a menu, not bad but could be better, breakfast room located downstairs no natural light which to me always seems strange but would stay again if needed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MagmanSwitzerland
Myriam P, Front Office Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Traveller from Switzerland,

I wish to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

After a nine hour drive we checked in quickly and took the bags to the room. The room was stifling hot! I'm in the a/c business and judging by the sounds coming from the wall unit I knew we had an issue. The front desk sent someone to look at it promptly. After a few Fonzie wacks at it he said it was good to go. It was not. Unless he meant go for service! We were hungry and wanted to eat. The evening took a HUGE turn for the better. The in hotel restaurant was awesome! Great service and great food!
After dinner i returned to the front desk. They offered up a fan to help move the air around in the room. Haven't you ever tried to sleep in 30C (86F)room? Not pleasant. I was told I could take it up with the day manager. Will update.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian F
Myriam P, Front Office Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Brian F,

On behalf of the entire team, I'd like to apologize for the maintenance problem with the A/C in room 319.

I am glad that you enjoyed our restaurant and I can assure you that I will pass on your good comments to the restaurant manager!

I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future so we can have another chance to give you a better experience!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We were 4 of us at 0830am for breakfast, we waited 15 minutes in line for seating. Then waited another 10 minutes to be served coffee. You have to pick one of the five breakfast choices offered on the menu with the ticket they give you when you register for your room. I was visiting my guests at this hotel and did not have a ticket, the waiter told me it would be $7.95 + tax.I ordered the plate with the sunny side up eggs. I was given a plate with cold scambled eggs and potatoes and toasts with 2 paper thin slices of ham and I did not get peanut butter and jam on my plate like my other companions had.The portions are very small, made in bulk,no orange juice or milk included except for coffee. When I complained to have my plate exchanged for sunny side eggs our waiter stated I would have to pay for the plate since I had already eaten a toast and some of the potatoes.No excuses or other alternative offered.I offered to pay $4.00 because of the messed up order and the missing items on my plate and the poor quality of the food. Our waiter refused, I said I wanted to speak to the manager, he stated he was the manager. I again told him I would not pay the full amout to settle this dilemma. He said he would call the police and I said I was fine with that and I would gladly wait for them. He came back 15 minutes later saying I could pay $4.00 and the remaining of the bill would come out of his pocket.So pathetic.One person in our party did not get her breakfast at all until we went to tell our waiter about it. He said the order never got printed for the kitchen because the ordering station printer was out of paper for this order.Another 10 minute wait for her to get her plate while the waiter reminded us that the restaurant demands a $2.00 tip per customer. This is so unprofesional for a Best Western Plus.We left disgusted after having wasted 70 minutes of our day. We will never ever be back at at this hotel because they made us start the day feeling cheated and entrapped!!! The hotel windows do not open and there is a musky humid atmosphere all over.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Raymond-was-here

Dear Raymond,

Please accept our apologies for the unfortunate situation that occured at the restaurant during your stay with us. I can assure you that we take your comments into consideration.

Thank you for leaving us a feedback and please do not hesitate to call us anytime at 514-631-4811 or 1-800-361-2254.

Again, sorry for the incoveniences you have experienced during your stay .

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed three nights since it is convenient to the airport and less expensive than any comparable hotel downtown. The hotel shuttle runs continuously every half hour. Our room was typical of a large airport hotel. The complimentary full breakfast is a limited menu but good. For an extra charge, additional breakfast items may be added. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Based on their suggestion, we rode the shuttle to the airport and took the 747 express bus to downtown. Roundtrip costs only $11.00.

Room Tip: Remember this is an airport hotel so there will be jet noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rodger K
Myriam P, Front Office Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Rodger K,

Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to write a review about our property.

Thank you also for mentioning our front desk staff, positive comments are always appreciated.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Do not hesitate to contact us anytime at 514-631-4811 or 1-800-361-2254

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We arrived late and they had a glitch in the booking - even though they could see we had a reservation the reservation system showed that all room are occupied. Very tired we had to wait over 30 minutes for issue to be resolved. The lobby is nice but once you go to the hallways the carpets are old and stained. The room was descent. The decor is dated and the bathroom very small but overall clean. In the morning only one person managed to have hot water - the rest had to resolve to very quick refreshing shower. The hot breakfast was OK. Nothing to write about.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kazuzu111,

Please accept our apologies for not exceeding your expectations regarding your recent stay with us. I can assure you that we take your comments into consideration.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Thank you for leaving us a feedback and please do not hesitate to give us a call anytime at 514-631-4811 or 1-800-361-2254.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I've stayed in BW's throughout North America, and this was my worst experience.

The staff was not only extremely unfriendly, but also very unknowledgable. Simple
Directions were not known, and 'I don't know' was a common response that seemed acceptable to them.

Great proximity to the airport, but construction in the area made maneuvering around difficult and confusing.

I don't even care about the next free night, I certainly won't be using it.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Shanpak,

On behalf of the entire Best Western Plus Montreal Airport team, I'd like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations regarding your recent stay with us.

I am sorry if you felt like our front desk agents were not helpful to you, it is certainly not in their habits.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback on your experience at our hotel.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is decent; cleaning staff are very helpful; restaurant good food; breakfast was very rushed; Internet wifi was iffy; front desk indifferent to questions; kept getting calls at all hours waking us up;

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Myriam P, Front Office Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Granny234,

First of all, I'd like to apologize if you felt like our front desk agents were indifferent to your questions, it is certainly not in their habits!

Thank you for your review, we value your feedback.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future!

Do not hesitate to contact us anytime at 514-631-4811 or 1-800-361-2254.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#52 of 165 in Montreal
Comfort Inn Aeroport
#5 of 8 in Dorval

Been to Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!