“Hockey Tournament”

Quality Inn & Suites P.E. Trudeau Airport-Montreal
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Dorval
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

I booked 2 rooms, then 3 other friends booked. We arrived lated 11:30pm to a very friendly gentleman at the desk, he made us laugh after our exhausting 6 hr drive. The rooms were dated, but clean, & good size. All 5 rooms were clean, fridges, lots of towels. Breakfast was great lots of choice. Fantastic coffee(give Tim hortons a run for there $). Fast friendly check out. Convenient to the airport, close to hwy, so a bit noisy. Only little faults bathroom a bit small & why can't all hotels put the large makeup mirrors in the bathroom?? It's difficult for us that wear glasses to see that mirror lol

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 9 November 2013

While still in the room I write this review....just trying to decide where to start.
1st room. We were down here for a conference and didn't chose the hotel ourselves so we we were not expecting the Ritz yet Mold on curtains and dirty coverlets were not what we expected either. The lady at reception (esta? A manager) was quick, efficient and changed our rooms right away. We were going out so didn't see our next room until much later. The 2nd room looked cleaner but smelt like someone had just smoked a cigarette....uuugghhhh I know I sound like a complainer but generally just go with the flow. So we grabbed some room freshener and just made the best of it. The killer for me was getting up at what I thought was 630, got ready and went down to breakfast at what I thought was 7 but oh no no that is not so it was really only 6am AARRGGHHH...they didn't change the clocks back (no I didn't look at my phone or computer...just trusted the clock in the room). So I'm tired and now cranky and the guy at the reception desk could care less....no smile, no sorry for the inconveince regarding anything. An apology goes a looonnggg way with me so when u just ignore me I complain...to you TripAdvisor readers everywhere. I only write when I'm very impressed or seriously annoyed.
So to Milroy - your kitchen lady was lovely, smiling, helpful and the breakfast kitchen area spacious and well stocked. Your day manager (tall lady) was quick to fix any problem so made us feel listened too. Your night manager and morning guy.....get rid of them as they are not doing you any favours or at least give them some customer service training.

Room Tip: Can't help you with this
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Milroy F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites P.E. Trudeau Airport-Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
On behalf of the entire staff, we are truly disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Cleanliness and service are two aspects that we continuously strive to excel in, and we all share the blame when we come up short. Please know that your comments were shared with the appropriate individuals within our organization and we will continue to make improvements as we work towards exceeding our clients’ expectations.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Arrived late and rooms were ready. Rooms fairly clean. Our second room had damage to the bathroom walls and window screens. Halls need to be redecorated and cleaned up. Breakfast was at the low end of the scale, but had all the basics. Check out worked alright. Free parking and places to eat close by.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Milroy F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites P.E. Trudeau Airport-Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear guest;

Thank you for your comments and we appreciate it. We will do our best to improve on those points and hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband on the weekend of October 18 to 20. I read all the reviews before I went and I was a bit skeptical. When I got there, I did notice the step up at the entrance of the hotel. You have to be careful but there's a sign on the door that says "watch your step". I went to front desk and check in was smooth. The room we got was at the side of the hotel so we could see an apartment building beside the hotel. The room was ok. The bed was comfortable. We had a mini fridge but absolutely no microwave. That I didn't like. I need to warm milk and nothing to warm it with. Was way disappointed in that. No point have a minifridge if no microwave. Bathroom ok. Don't think the shower is working properly because as soon as you turn it on water runs off the tub and ends up on the floor. Other than that it was ok. Breakfast was fantastic. The have a waffle machine and the waffles were great. We absolutely loved the breakfast except that there was no microwave there as well. We couldn't warm up the boiled egg, had to eat it cold. This hotel has wifi which we were happy about. We love the location. There's a mall in walking distance that has Walmart and there's a restaurant in the mall which is excellent. I recommend going to the mall if you stay at this hotel and eating at the restaurant. I wouldn't stay here again unless I can get a microwave in my room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Milroy F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites P.E. Trudeau Airport-Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for the comments. Unfortunately we do not have microwaves in all the rooms but it is a good point and we will start placing microwaves in many rooms as possible. We have microwaves in most of the rooms and next time; we will give a room with a microwave and fridge. In the breakfast area we have a microwave in place. Sorry that you missed it. We like to have you back again.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Miss my flight so, United put me up for the night in the Inn. The room was just wright for one person, I slept like a baby, very comfortable bed and room. The only problem I had was the location of the room i was put in, way in the back the last room in a corner too secluded away from everything. I enjoyed the food in the restaurant, nice night.

Room Tip: Restaurant food is good
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Milroy F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites P.E. Trudeau Airport-Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your comments. Will give you a room closer to the activities next time.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We booked two rooms - standard room with double beds, and another suite with king bed - for one night. First of all, it was hard to drive to this hotel because of all the road construction going on, but that is not the hotel's fault. Check-in was quick. Taking our luggage inside was not easy because there is a step at the entrance of the hotel - you'll need to take the luggage cart over this step. Rooms are spacious, but old and very dirty. We could see large stains in the carpet.
Our room was facing the highway, and it was impossible for us to sleep the entire night. The hotel is next to a major highway (#20 connecting Montreal & Toronto) and the hotel is also near the runway of the airport. There is absolutely no sound insulation! It was so noisy in the room, it felt like our beds were by the side of the highway. I also discovered that there is a freight train line between the highway and the airport, to add to the noise.
I asked the front desk to give me another room, the lady at the counter was polite and offered me another room facing the highway. I didn't accept it because the noise level in the new room was the same.
Breakfast was decent.
Overall, I am terribly disappointed in Quality Inn and would never recommend anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Milroy F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites P.E. Trudeau Airport-Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for the comments. Sorry to hear that you did not like the stay due to noise. As some comments have revailed there are rooms which are very quiet at the back section for those who are very sensitive to sound.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

The hotel looked like it was recently refurbished so it won't get any better than it is now. Decent stay however the biggest problem is their air condition. It's extremely loud and it only has an on and off setting (wont automatically turn off if it reaches a certain temperature).

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway. You can definitely hear the trucks roaring by the hot...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments and thank you for staying with us. Sorry to hear the AC in your room was noisy. We have a few more to replace and that will be done soon.

Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Hotel Dorval - Beausejour Apartments
#121 of 165 in Montreal
Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel
Days Inn & Conference Centre -  Montreal Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montreal Airport

Been to Quality Inn & Suites P.E. Trudeau Airport-Montreal? Share your experiences!