“Three night stay in August”

Hampton Inn And Suites Montreal
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
Hudson, NH
“Three night stay in August”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Three night stay at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Montreal-Dorval was part of our week long family vacation in Canada. The reason for choosing this particular location was a close childhood friend lives in the area, so I wanted to be able to meet her a few times while we were in Montreal. It takes about a half an hour to get to downtown Montreal without traffic, and we didn't pay as much as we would've if lived in the city. The room was clean and spacious, bedding comfortable, and my teenage boys each got a separate bed which was important (but not available in many hotels); one got a queen size bed and another a pull out sofa. Hot breakfast that was included in the price of the room was also important since my teens eat a lot - and I mean, a lot. There was also an inside pool and exercise room, but we never got to use them. From the moment we checked in until check out there was not a single problem with our stay - and this is exactly what you want when on vacation. Overall, the hotel is totally worth its price - not too expensive and comfortable for travelers who spend most of the day on their feet and want a good night sleep to recharge for the next day. To me, the best sign that the hotel is the right choice when you don't think you need something else when living there. I would definitely recommend this place as well as stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor far from the elevator and ice machine facing parking lot on the hig...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Right next to Trans Canada HWY on access road. Rom was average, Had that musty old hotel air handling unit smell, which with windows that don't open, stayed with me for 4 days. I'll give the exercise room a 3 on a 1 - 10 scale. Fortunately found a nice Y a few miles away - worked out there. Tres bien. Nothing within walking distance. The hotel has a small bar which I visited once - looked like a scene out of a B movie. Maybe C. Plain and empty. Overall I didn't get the same squeaky clean warm and fuzzy that I get at many Hampton's stateside. The usual selection for breakfast.

Room Tip: Maybe the back of the property, away form the Trans Canada Hwy would be a bit quieter.
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This Hotel is located off of a major highway. Few minutes from the airport and about 45 minutes with traffic into Downtown. Plenty of fast food, restaurants nearby and shopping mall. The room was clean but as others have mention a bit of cigarette smell. Also room appeared a bit dated clean but dark and worn furniture. Breakfast was good and lobby was comfortable. Indoor pool with no hot tub and small exercise room. Paid about $200 a night which I thought was a bit pricey. My first time in Montreal and I think that next time I will pay higher rates and stay in town.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a wedding in the area and were overall satisfied with the quality of the hotel, given the price. We were two couples sharing the room, and it worked very nicely for us. We would stay again, if we were looking for a place in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Tallahassee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Hampton is always great and they remember your name from past visits. The room is always clean and fresh. No issues and the staff is always willing to help with anything. I have been visiting this location for over 8 years and found it to be very accommodating and well kept. Good access to dining and business.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 separate nights within one month. 1st night paid $135 - good hotel for this price, 2nd time paid $200 for the same type of room (does not worth this price). We had some issue with AC and smoke odor. Complained to the Manager, Danielle, about this issue and some other issues upon our late arrival prior night, and she gave 15% off. Since we stayed only one night, I do not know either they fixed it or not. Overall it is a clean hotel, close to HWY, nice full breakfast.

1 Thank LORCHIK777
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

How do you rate a staff who is familiar to see you around in the hotel and a return stay in this hotel say to you in the morning: "Hey, you're still here!" and you're probably wondering if she meant to be surprised to see me still staying there or.... I've received complimentary shuttle services to the airport as a guest and on my 2nd return stay to this hotel (and longer stay period this round) told me, "We no longer give this service". So, you're either stuck in the hotel or you call for cab to go out. Just stating my experience here.

1 Thank stargazer99tang
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#50 of 163 in Montreal

Been to Hampton Inn And Suites Montreal? Share your experiences!