“The best Indian off the island”
Review of Shaan Tandoori

Shaan Tandoori
Ranked #32 of 218 Restaurants in Brossard
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We love Indian food and have tried most of the restaurants in the greater Montreal area. We have been going into the city for years because of the lack of quality in south shore Indian restaurants. Shaan Tandoori has changed that. We can now get great tasting and authentic Indian food without crossing the bridge. What a gem.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This restaurant is my favourite Indian restaurant in greater Montreal area. I am not Indian but I love Indian food, so I consider my opinion to be helpful for a lot of you who are looking for a good Indian restaurant.

The staff is very nice, the place is clean and quite, although it could be busy in weekends. Their food is super tasty and their prices are very reasonable. You should ask and they will give you suggestions regarding how much spicy the dish is or how much the taste is strong. They may also make some modifications if you like.

It is not a fancy place in case you have important guests. You may think also of calling and ordering before you come in to avoid waiting for your order to be served. I am saying this as they are very very busy with delivery orders which could delay dine-in orders. Same goes when you want to pay, I ask about the bill before I am ready for it for the same reason, the cashier could be busy too taking phone calls.

How much I value this place?! Well, I come here at least 3-4 times a month with my family or my friends. I know it for about two years now, and I could not go to another Indian restaurant since then, as non of the others come close to their level.

2  Thank Saud A
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Ordered 6 dishes and 6 naans. Came out to 77$! Not bad and would recommend. They seem to get a lot of take out orders.
The butter chicken was quite good.

1  Thank stroumpfer
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I've been to a lot of Indian restaurants, and this one was REALLY disappointing! The colours of the foods were beiges, and yellows, not deep reds (ex: chana masala). The samosas look like deep fried wonton pastry (what??) not the usual delicious thick crispy bread I have experienced at other places, the interior not bursting with veg either. :( all chick pea. Where is the potato and the green peas and the COLOUR? Also usually you get a free chutney with it - we got nothing. Bland. The basmati rice has bits of lime green coloured rice inside - very unappetizing. Very dry. The tandoori chicken was EXTREMELY dry. Also the naans were cold and moist. Won't order here again. Like good Indian food in Brossard try Le Tandoor, in Montreal on Jean Talon MANY places, and in Ottawa you must must must go to Taj Indian Cuisine. Would go to Ottawa JUST for that!

3  Thank ChristinaB42
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I've ordered over the phone 3 times from there, I order "cc" I believe, which is basically a vegetarian buffet! I got 5 different dishes with nan bread, it's all so good. If you plan on ordering just know that it takes about an hour to arrive.

1  Thank Brewdogs