“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #29 of 214 Restaurants in Brossard
Price range: US$7 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: WHO IS SOFIA? She is the epitome of class, style and higher living. A joie de vivre unlike any other, she doesn’t rush for anyone, she enjoys living la bella vita . Rules? Only two; always eat with family, and keep it simple and delicious. Romance? Not unless it involves a glass of wine, her favourite dish and a tall, dark and handsome twenty something. WHO IS SOFIA? She’s all you’d ever want, she’s a lady. With our family style format, our menu offers a variety of dishes that can be shared by the entire table. With a selection of pizza and pasta dishes, guests can also choose from any one of our delicious meat and fish plates. For those looking to end the night off right, our homemade gelato and deserts are guaranteed to leave you satisfied.
Montreal, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Went to Sofia for first time last night with my wife and another couple. Don't listen to the critics! Very fast and very friendly service. Wonderful ambience. Very good appetizers. The four cheese pizza and Americana were both excellent but the four cheese is the best I've tasted outside of Europe. Will definitely go back when the outdoor patio opens up in a few weeks.

Visited April 2014

Laval, Canada
“Best pizza in Montreal , Laval , north and south shore, west island ect.”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The entrees were great. The arancini exactly like in Italy. We visited the pizzeria on a Saturday evening party of 8. The service was amazing. The 4 different pizzas were extremely good and the toppings generous . The music at times is loud. The restaurant 's decor is very nice . I live in Laval and in 1 month we've been there already 3 times. I recommend this Pizzeria!

• Visited March 2014
Quebec, Canada
“Loud atmosphere, scarce toppings”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We visited the pizzeria on a Saturday evening, party of 6.
The service was courteous.
There is a good choice of pizzas and other italian dishes. The menu is available online. Most entrees are fairly priced. The pizza was good, but there was little cheese and few toppings. This was consistent across 4 orders.
The atmosphere is very loud. We measured an average of 95 dB throughout the meal, which may result in hearing loss with prolonged exposure. There is loud music playing with TVs in the background displaying a major sports event. Some like this sort of atmosphere, others don't. I was unable to have a conversation with a person seated more than 1 seat away.
The decor is very nice, with a lot of attention to details for the chairs, tables, floor and decorations.
Most people leave with a doggy bag.

• Visited March 2014
Montreal
“Will have to try a second time”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The atmosphere was nice and the service a little over done. Must have had someone at our table every 3 minutes even though it was Valentines day and they were full. It was weird because once we finished with the meal and were ready for dessert then we could not get any service. By the time they came by I decided to skip the dessert. Their loss I guess.

The menu is quite complete and the food mostly good. Cesar salad was a 9/10 and the Risotto ball stuffed with sausage and deep fried was very good but a little dry inside. They need to put some nice creamy cheese inside.

My wife had the seafood linguine and really liked it. Plate was to much to finish. I had the veal parmigiana and was disappointed. First it was burned around the edges and this could be tasted. The tomato sauce had no flavor at all. Needed salt, pepper, garlic and some basil. The fresh herb past that accompanied the the veal was was over the top on basil and it was like eating a mouthful of basil leaves. They need to scrap their recipe and start new on this dish.

With 3 out of four being good I will return to see if things get better and if they read the comments on trip advisor. This can only help them to improve. I wish them success and will return in March or April.

Like the decor and the atmosphere!

• Visited February 2014
Montreal, Canada
“I'll be back”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I enjoyed it. My beer was good, her wine was good. We went there just out of curiosity and for a drink, we weren't planning on ordering food, however the smell of freshly baked pizza got the best of us. We ordered a vegetarian pizza, it was great. We will probably be coming back.

• Visited February 2014