“Always a great stay”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Brossard
Washington, DC
“Always a great stay”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is our 4th time staying for 1 week at the hotel while my son attends the Montreal Canadiens hockey camp. Other than last year where we had some issues with fridge availability, and another time where we had an issue with the room location (which was fixed by the next day), we've had each time a great experience. The hotel is very modern, with comfortable beds and very convenient to the Dix30 shopping area (and the Brossard training center for the Canadiens). It doesn't have much in terms of facilities (no pools or gym), but they have a deal with the gym next door if you need to use their facilities. I have to give a special "thanks" to the desk employee (forgot he name) who made sure we had a fridge available for the entire stay and provide us with the room we had requested. I also would like to thank the staff at the desk (again, forgot her name), who assisted me with some printing and scanning of an important document during my stay. Highly recommended hotel.

Room Tip: Maker sure to ask for a room on a high floor with view of the dix30. Other views are fine, but that...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Simon G, General Manager at ALT Hotel Quartier DIX30, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear sbeauchesne,

How wonderful to hear that you are still satisfied with our hotel even after the fourth time!

Repeated customers like yourself really enjoy experiencing the same level of service when they return and we really aim towards this consistency.

Little things such as ensuring a client gets a mini-fridge are done on a regular basis but when someone takes the time to show his appreciation, it truly makes us love our jobs even more.

Thank you and see you next summer!

Simon Gadbois

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Was here over night for a business trip. Was pleasantly surprised with this hotel.

Great modern boutique design but still bright and airy unlike some trendy places that are dark and not well lit which I run into a lot on my NYC trips.

Bed was so great that I didn't want to wake up for my meeting but did anyway.

Loved the design and there is pretty much every store in the world just outside the door if you need to get your shopping on.

Staff was very friendly and helpful with special thanks to the guy who figured out how to hook my Mac up to the projector in the meeting room we booked. U r a hero and saved my meeting!

Breakfast restaurant was great and had great service there as well and the food was great. Though would be better to have that other door open sonic didn't have to walk around I am very crusty and lazy before I get my coffee.

And don't think I am someone who likes everything. I like to wine and complain as much as the next guy.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Simon G, General Manager at ALT Hotel Quartier DIX30, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Such a delight to read your review about our hotel!

You are describing everything that we are aiming for: great customer service in a trendy atmosphere with ultra-comfortable beds!

This is exactly the type of review that motivates our team, you are definitely making our day.

I will also make sure to share the positive comments about the food and service to the breakfast restaurant located next door.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Rooms are excellent, however bathroom are not that good at all. Sink has drainage problem and fills too quickly. They tried to fix but no luck and morning shave and sink usage was not practical and took too much time due to this issue.... I have noticed this issue on multiple trips...
so bathrooms are only big - tive , rest is good...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear ni360it,

Thank you for your comments regarding the room in general.

From what I understand, you seem to be a frequent visitor and we are really grateful that you are providing this new information related to the sink. We will definitely look into this issue as we want our clients to experience a perfect stay!

All the details are extremely important and our goal is to prevent any little trouble such as the one you described.

Feel free to email me directly (sgadbois@althotels.ca) if you want to discuss furthermore.

Warm regards,

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is actuall the thrid time I have been here but the second review I have done on this hotel. This time I got a much larger room on a low floor, frankly I like the higher floors but the room was much larger than previous trips and the thimg I abolutly love about this hotel if the stand up shower, not stepping over the wall of the tub here, and a great shower head, OK so I easy. Anyway even with the bigger room there was no more furniture so it may have looked larger then it was. I still like the higher room and the stand up shower.

Room Tip: The higher the better, hotel is located in a LARGE shopping area so if you are a shope-a-holic this...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Simon G, General Manager at ALT Hotel Quartier DIX30, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Rumrummer314,

Thank you for posting a second review about your stay at our ALTernative hotel!

We value our regular guests and we appreciate that you took the time to write very positive comments regarding our property once again!

We take pride in knowing and writing down our clients preferences. In that sense, I invite you to send me an email (sgadbois@althotels.ca) in order for me to add your high floor preference to your profile and perhaps exchange more details regarding your previous stays.

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Bright, clean, colourful hotel. The Dix30 Mall area hosts a plethora of restaurants and shops.
The young ladies at the reception desk were warm, inviting, and very helpful.

I was in the area on business and had scheduled a room for 9 days. Opening the door to my room, I was surprised at the styling. It was ok, but I didn't get a "warm feeling". I started to unpack.....tiny closet....no dresser...only 1 drawer in the base of the bed.

The bathroom was large and I loved the glass shower - beaufiful. I loved the corner windows my room had. Lots of daylight -- bonus.The pillows and bed were amazing -- very comfortable.

Now - being there for planned 9 days - and being an active person, I went to the lobby to inquire about two very important things....coffee for the morning (there is a Kuerig machine in the room but no cups, coffee, tea etc) and to find the fitness room.

I was directed to the wall in the lobby where flavours of single Kuerig coffees were in abundance -- then was told I had to buy them... $2 ea + tax and they would give me the (paper) cups when purchased. Really?

I asked about the Fitness room -- there isn't one. You can however, use Gold's Gym which is attached to the hotel along the block. But - there is a fee...although, you get 50% off the drop in fee. :( Lets see....9 days x drop in fee = $100 ++. Guess I won't be hitting the gym much.

Disappointment set in. I loved the area. But the "little things" that count were not offered here.
I purchased 2 individual coffees, got my 2 cups, and headed back to my room. For such a trendy, modern place, and the fact the cost involved in a Kuerig machine in the room - puzzled me why the customer be nickled & dimed for a cup of coffee? It's been several years, and many business trips since I have stayed somewhere without this feature. A little thing....but thats what a good customer experience is all about.

In the morning, I was to meet my co-worker in the lobby - there is a coffee shop attached to the hotel lobby we would have a coffee/breakfast at before we headed to the office.....it was closed?! Now, although there are many little restaurants in the mall, it was the "close, convenient" one we wanted to use. We left - and hit the closest Tim Horton's.

Sharing my disappointment, my co-worker and I moved onto our work day. On our way, we found another hotel, and dropped in. This hotel was only a few kms away and included coffee makers in the room, a large, homey suite, and included breakfast...for the same price (and had a fitness room and pool). We returned to the Alt within 30 min - and checked out. The ladies at the desk, were helpful but did not seem too sad or disappointed to see two of us checking out of our 9 day (each) booking.

The Alt is a nice hotel, very modern, and probably perfect for a one-night stay. Not recommended for multi-nights or business-trip stays.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear McFadKim,

We really appreciate your constructive feedback.

First of all, we want to thank you for the very positive comments regarding the look and design of the hotel. As the hotel industry is always evolving, we strongly believe it is important to remain trendy and visually interesting.

Most importantly, I really enjoyed reading your analysis about living a long term experience with us. Your feedback definitely points out the elements that need to be worked on. We are in the process of implementing free coffee in our rooms and travellers like yourself surely help our project to move forward as this little extra makes a considerable difference especially for long term stays. As far as the gym services, as we have a great relationship with Gold Gym, I am sure a special package for long term guests could possibly be created.

I am really sorry to hear that you finally chose another hotel, especially if you appreciate our front desk staff. However, your general point of view is valid and will significantly help improve our services.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We were so pleased to see the treats for our little one, as this place was built for pets, who had their owners with them. It was a great use of space, and comfort was easy. We look forward to the next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Simon G, General Manager at ALT Hotel Quartier DIX30, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Geraldobarrie,

How wonderful to read your review!

We feel that your animal should experience a service as personnalized as the one you receive.

In that sense, we really enjoy spoiling our client's pets and we are looking forward to see you again.

Thank you very much for your comments!

Simon Gadbois
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brossard
Hotel Brossard
#1 of 10 in Brossard
Comfort Inn Brossard
#4 of 10 in Brossard
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 10 in Brossard
Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
ALT Hotel Montreal Griffintown
Econo Lodge Brossard
#7 of 10 in Brossard

Been to ALT Hotel Quartier DIX30? Share your experiences!