“Snobby staff, expensive food.”
Review of L'Aurochs

L'Aurochs
Ranked #13 of 216 Restaurants in Brossard
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brossard Quartier DIX30
Description: L'Aurochs, vous offre le meilleur que le boeuf Angus puisse offrir. En effet, nous vous servons le "C.A.B." Certified Angus Beef, un bœuf d’une telle qualité, que seule une infime portion de tout le bœuf Angus produit, rencontre les normes élevées menant à l'obtention de la certification d’excellence "C.A.B." Puisse votre expérience chez nous faire en sorte que vous n’oublierez jamais le nom de celui qu’on surnomme le « père de tous les bœufs ». L'Aurochs offers the best Angus beef. We serve Certified Angus Beef that meets the high standards of the certification of excellence "C.A.B."
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The food was really good but too pricey, therefore not worth it.
Food:
Appetizer :Beef tartare-excellent
Mains: Bavette and ribeye with blue cheese sauce
Sides were delicious, fries, mashed patatoes with goat cheese, mac & cheese and the truffle wild mushrooms.
The food was all really good but unfortunately the staff was really snobby. Not even a smile from the managers as we walked by and the waiters all had this smug look with fake smiles, you almost felt like they were looking/talking about you while you were eating. At first I orderd a 49$ bottle of wine, the waiter came back and told us they did not have it therefore suggested something else with the SAME price. When i got the bill it was - 59$ bottle of wine. Its not a big difference I just thought the waiter was not honnest and could have simply mentioned this. We ate well but would not go back, I would not recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Keshia13

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Excellent steaks, good wine, very good service.
We only regret we were not brave enogh to have those oisters with vodka shots.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Had dinner at l'Auroch - my second or third time. Service is good, not great. Ordered a "petit filet mignon" - now that means small. I asked and was told it was a six ounce serving. I have taken a picture of what was served - if my finger is one ounce, well this was 2 or 3 at most. For $46, plus 5 or 6 dollars for a few asparagus stands. The meat was ok, not great certainly for the price. Will not go back. Asked the waiter to confirm this is what was expected and was told that meat shrinks. Done. The downstairs bar is much better.

2  Thank Pierre G
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We went to L'auroch last weekend. It was a terrible experience. This is a nice and beautiful place but the food is horrible and the service is poor. I ordered the rib steak rare and I received an overcooked half boiled rib steak. the vegetable were inexistant. Very expensive restaurant for ordinary services and bad food. L'auroch, never again.

1  Thank John L
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I shared the Cowboy (recommended for two), a cut similar to a ribeye, but somewhat thicker. It was cooked to *perfection* and sooooo tasty...! We had a side of fresh asparagus and also ordered the beer and cheddar mashed potatoes (a must have!). For dessert, we ordered the lemon meringue pie -- it is baked with a twist: the meringue is actually marsmallow-ey, and was the perfect end to our meal. The wine list is quite impressive (mostly private imports), and the decor is welcoming and carefully crafted. Our waitress, Natasha, was extremely pleasant and attentive. We plan to return = ) I also plan to hold my next Girls' Night Out here, hopefully on their beautiful terrace!!!