“Highlight was the friendly accommodating service and the SCONES”

The Food and Art Cafe
Ranked #52 of 342 Restaurants in Whitby
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Description: With humor and creativity we enthusiastically serve up wholesome nourishment for the dreamer, the goal seeker, and all free spirits venturing down the rode less travelled. At the Fart Café we holistically feed the body, mind and soul, encouraging and supporting you to pick up and dust off your wonderfully crazy ideas, sending you on your way bursting with delicious inspiration.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have had 3 breakfast/brunch meals at this restaurant and it has never disappointed. Great service and even better food. I like baked beans for breakfast and their's are the best. Wish I could find out what their secret ingredient is that makes them so different. However, the best of all are the scones. They are not like any scone you have ever had before (and I have had a few). They are so moist, they melt in your mouth.

I have one criticism and it is personal. The waitress being friendly, called my friend and I hun and lovey. These are stupid cutesy names that I would not tolerate my husband calling me. I am not a fan of strangers using personal, affectionate names better suited to intimate relationships.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

went here fornfsthers day brunch. the waitress was a bit too friendly calling me or my friend hun, loveys, stupid cutesy names. not a fan of that baby talk, but she was nice so we tolerated it. the food was great and quick. good balie for ypur money.. cozy and comfortable

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We found a new place to have breakfast, wonderful family owned place, staff were engaging, funny and do helpful, then the food was simply amazing, never thought that a veggie omelet coukd taste that good!
Be back for sure!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a quaint little restaurant, with a clever nickname that draws attention (The Fart Cafe). The family is super friendly, and very welcoming! We came for breakfast, and were seated quickly. Their authentic masala chai was excellent, with the right blend of spices (for me). Their homemade scones were delicious, and came with most meals. The savoury crepe also delicious! Servings were very generous and well-priced. I like the touch of having the owner’s art displayed around the restaurant, as well as having a silent auction for local artists. This restaurant definitely shows pride of ownership and a great display of the both owners’ talents.

1  Thank Sheny H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We chose this Cafe after reading some of the reviews and guess what the reviewers were spot on! We arrived at 10.30am on Father's Day and the restaurant was full. We had a short wait and in the meantime we checked out the menu (breakfast with some twists!) and enjoyed the beautiful art on the wall which is the handiwork of the lady co-owner. We loved reading the story of how this Family run cafe came to be and how the name was chosen (I won't spoil it for those who have yet to go!). On to the food, I chose the Classic plate which was 2 eggs (any style) served with bacon/ham a scone and home fries. As I do not eat pork I asked for mushrooms which they happily accommodated with an up charge of 75 cents. As I asked for poached eggs I also asked for some hollandaise sauce which although thick was simply scrumptious! The home fries were deep fried (bad for the waistline but so crunchy and delicious) whilst the scone is NOTHING like the English one. It was crispy and the outside, a little flat but soft and fluffy on the inside. It was served with homemade preserves, choice of raspberry, blueberry or peach. I asked for some butter and it came piped in a small container, so pretty! My daughter enjoyed her pumpkin bread which was served with syrup and we finished with home made masala chai. A word of warning, the chai is SPICY (but delicious) so it is not for the faint hearted. A highly recommended cafe!

1  Thank Rusnita2014