“Even better than before”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Brock House

The Brock House
Ranked #15 of 320 Restaurants in Whitby
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ontario's Near North, Canada
“Even better than before”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I have enjoyed the Brock House since it opened a few years ago. I go here 4 or 5 times per year. Staff are super friendly and the atmosphere is very relaxed. Good selection of beer on tap. The newish menu is trimmed down and better overall. Last time I was there I enjoyed the lamb shank. My daughter ordered the shepherd's pie. It was a monster portion and she took about half of it home. It even inspired me to make shepherd's pie this weekend.

I highly recommend The Brock House.

• Visited December 2013

Oshawa, Canada
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stopped by for a beer and a couple of appetizers last month. Chris N. the owner who is always at the restaurant ensured I was comfortable and served quickly. Calamari was excellent. Lightly battered and cooked to perfection. Atmosphere in this restaurant to high end and very friendly. Will be returning over the holidays with my family. Thanks Chris.........

• Visited November 2013
Whitby, Canada
“Prime rib is great, but....”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We love the prime rib here, always delicious, very tender and consistently good. The only issue is, and this will be hard to believe, but the buns, what buns? We eat here at least every week or two, and have the prime rib 9 out of 10 times, but only served buns once. Today, we went for prime rib, saw some tables with buns, but never got any. We ordered a bottle of wine, 2 prime rib dinners and a pizza, no buns. We did ask our server on a prior visit, and she said that it was an issue. They had a hard to remembering to put them in the oven! She offered some to take home, and I said ok, just to see if she would remember. Of course, she did not, and we did not care, but I found it interesting that buns would be difficult to manage for a restaurant of this calibre. They have another restaurant, Hot Rocks, which consistently manage to serve buns. Not sure if this is a conscious cost cutting measure but when we order a bottle of wine, a couple of prime rib dinners, and frequently have another person with us ordering an entree, not sure that this should be skimped on...I would rank higher but for this inconsistency. Not cheap considering no salad, no buns. We have decided the difference in tip, which is normally 20%, will drop to 10% if no buns delivered!

• Visited December 2013
Whitby, Canada
“Truck-Stop Mussels at Parisien Prices”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Ai-ya, we were SO DISAPPOINTED!! We can only blame ourselves because we assumed they were still operating from the old menu. Suffice it to say, I have never seen french fries strewn over a bed of mussels and then topped with sour cream and chives. Oh, and there were sausage bits mixed in...for flavour??? I dunno, but what used to be a classy dish with various sauce choices and lovely french bread for dipping has turned into something I might expect to find at a...truck-stop.
Now for the mushroom pizza. Wow. At a glance, it was comprised of cooked mushrooms on top of bread soaked in oil, with a few parmesan flakes and shredded greens. And I actually witnessed the chef looking up instructions on how to create it...likely because no one ever orders it, but I've already memorized the ingredients and I've only 'enjoyed' it once.
Never. Again.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Mark B
Stirling
“Top quality place”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We went there for a special birthday dinner. We were very happy. I had prime rib and i think it was the best i have ever had. Everyone enjoyed themselves. The service was excellent. They even had special menus made up that said happy birthday with the persons name

• Visited October 2013