The Brock House
Cuisines: Canadian, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Food was not bad but poor and slow service. Took forever to get through dinner. Menu wasn't imaginative.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Just went here for my mom's birthday dinner on Sunday. She chose the place although I am not sure why as we had had a meal there previously and it wasn't good. I ordered the meatball panini and she ordered the roast beef and yorkshire puddings starter.

It arrived almost immediately which worried me as that makes me think that it was just sitting there in the kitchen. My mom had one bite and then not another. She did not like it- she thought that it was basically store bought yorkshire puddings and it was bad. The server (to her defence) offered to get her something else but my mom declined. My meatball sub was just alright. Honestly I would have prefered to go to Mcdonalds over this place.

My mom's meal was compted which was nice of them but honestly I would have just preferred a great meal to celebrate my mom's birthday vs. a free one. We ended up going to Dairy Queen after to get a blizzard. How sad is that!!?

I said it once and I will say it again- if you want a quality, fresh meal worth the money you pay for it, go to Chatterpauls...

Would I return? No.

1  Thank ilovedgreece
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We love the food. We also drop in occasionally and have a glass of wine. It's great for just hors d'oeuvres or a full meal. The Wine and Women program is very good as well. Great food and wine parings

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We have not been to The Brock house for a while; but more because their are so many great and good places to eat. The decor suits our tastes. Another busy place, yet service is always good. The quality of food has never been an issue, the servings a tiny bit smaller than some;but never disappoint. As I mentioned before, this is a really busy place, especially on the weekends, so parking can be a challenge. Especially right now with all the snow.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

It's okay. I like the atmosphere and décor. The food was pretty good. I just feel like if I'm gonna spend that kind of money I'd rather spend a touch more and head up the street to Chatterpauls. Seems to be kind of a tweener.