“Loud with cold, flavourless food.” 2 of 5 bubbles

The Brock House
Ranked #11 of 314 Restaurants in Whitby
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Whitby, Canada
“Loud with cold, flavourless food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We went as a family for my father's birthday. The set up of the restaurant was not very well thought out. There are no sound buffers at all. We were almost having to yell across the table to hear each other as the bar area was sooooooo loud. My appetizer was cold and rubbery. My steak was overcooked and flavourless. The best part of the meal was the potatoes.....and I don't really care for potatoes!!!!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Charity H

toronto
“Great brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

If your looking for a place to go for a special occasion brunch this is great. They have usual breakfast fare. Plus custom made omelets, too your own waffles with many topping available. We've been many times and never disappointed always leave stuffed.

• Visited April 2014
Whitby, Canada
“Food is acceptable but overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Beautiful and inviting outside and in, with a fantastic u-shaped wooden bar. Food is good to very good, but is a little overpriced compared to other local restaurants.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Food was not bad but poor and slow service. Took forever to get through dinner. Menu wasn't imaginative.

• Visited October 2013
Canada
“Awful...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Just went here for my mom's birthday dinner on Sunday. She chose the place although I am not sure why as we had had a meal there previously and it wasn't good. I ordered the meatball panini and she ordered the roast beef and yorkshire puddings starter.

It arrived almost immediately which worried me as that makes me think that it was just sitting there in the kitchen. My mom had one bite and then not another. She did not like it- she thought that it was basically store bought yorkshire puddings and it was bad. The server (to her defence) offered to get her something else but my mom declined. My meatball sub was just alright. Honestly I would have prefered to go to Mcdonalds over this place.

My mom's meal was compted which was nice of them but honestly I would have just preferred a great meal to celebrate my mom's birthday vs. a free one. We ended up going to Dairy Queen after to get a blizzard. How sad is that!!?

I said it once and I will say it again- if you want a quality, fresh meal worth the money you pay for it, go to Chatterpauls...

Would I return? No.