“Birthday Lunch.”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
“Birthday Lunch.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The service was very good and the food was well portioned and nicely presented.This has been my Third visit to The Brock House. It is in walking distance from home. Very convient for us to go and have some drinks and walk home, as we don't worry about driving.

• Visited June 2014

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Needs a better selection of food”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

It been awhile at least an year that we been here at the Brock house. The menu is basically boring and extremely unhealthy with high fat and grease broth floating in in your plates. We were at least I disappointed with the presentation of the meal from the beginning of the meal to the end. We both enjoyed a cocktail which was fine and our server was excellent. After this everything seem to go down hill. We both ordered appetizers my husband had bruschetta and I had mussels in tomato sauce. What came were uncooked loaf of bread with chopped tomatoes ontop. My mussels were smothered with tomato sauce and top with French fries. The prime rib plate with mashed pototoes was floating in grease at which I asked for it to go back to the kitchen as I don't like my swimming in grease. This whole meal was totally disappointed at what the cost of this meal 160.00.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Elizabeth P
Whitby, Canada
“Could have been so much better.”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We live just around the corner from the restaurant and visit a few times a year. The service has always been quite good but the menu hasn't changed and doesn't offer much of a selection. We ordered mussels and were surprised to have the draped in fries. We asked why and were told it was the latest presentation. It was just odd to us. There wasn't much of a choice for beef so we both ordered the prime rib. My wife had mashed potatoes white I had fries. Her plate was soaked in juice and looked like it was au jus with oil on top. We had it sent back with the au jus separate. My beef had a huge amount of fat attached. Total cost of the meal with wine and tip was $160. Far too much for a mediocre meal.

• Visited August 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Service, mediocre food”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Went in for dinner last night with my sister and was terribly disappointed. We were seated off to the side at a pub table that was very small when there were several booths and "real" tables available. While they sat people in the other areas throughout the night, we remained the only ones who were seated in this terrible section. Our server greeted us only to take our order. Our food was brought out by another server and she never came by to quality check or get us another drink. We were had finished our meals and sat there with our plates in front of us for another 15 mins without anyone coming by our table. Our server even walked by us and avoided eye contact because she was clearly giving more attention to another table that looked like more of a money maker - and it wasn't even busy!! Finally we stopped the hostess and asked for some to-go containers. The server brought them out and almost walked away but I quickly asked for our bill. She brought it out and walked away even though I had my credit card out. Again, the hostess helped us with payment. Just terrible! I tipped only 10% because I am in the business and felt guilty tipping any lower - but if there was ever a warranting for a no tip, this was it!
Mussels were terrible. Overcooked and so tiny! The pizza was alright, the toppings made it but I've had way better fire roasted pizzas in the area. I mean, it's pizza, but I expected more. This was my 3rd visit over the years and all 3 have been equally as terrible. They charge a lot for very mediocre food. Service is always terrible. I also saw a table send back their sangria and observed the server bring it below the bar, dump it into a container, the the fruit out with her hands, add some pop, dump it back into the glass, and then use her hands to put the fruit back in the jug. Ugh! I can't say it enough times... just a terrible place for so many reasons.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Tara L
“The Brock House.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Well we went there for dinner tonight for a family dinner. My dinner size was good but, there wasn't a lot a flavour. The rose` sauce was a little too runny. It needed more seasoning .
My husbands vegetables with his dinner where hard. Needed more cooking time.
My other family member dinner had raw tomatoes in her pasta when states fire roasted tomatoes.
Another dinner their waffles weren't cooked right. Dessert the strawberry shortcake needed fresh strawberries not frozen during strawberry season. Another dessert was creme brule didn't have the crispiness it should have. My husband and I won't go back.

• Visited June 2014