“definately a 10+”

Cuisines: Canadian, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I went for lunch Jan 7 and had Shrimp Curry. . . I texted my husband when I looked at the menu to say we have to come back here with our teenagers . . the menu is fantastic . . . something for all tastes and budgets.
I loved it so much I returned again last night. Great atmosphere and top notch service.
A good place to bring clients.
Seems like alot of other reviews from those who love to hate. Too bad.

1  Thank Live4love4travel
There are newer reviews for The Brock House

Reviewed 10 January 2011

My wife and I reserved a table at New Year's Eve. The atmosphere was very good and the restaurant looked great. Our server greeted us well and was quite nice, explaining everything on the menu clearly. My wife ordered prime rib off the main menu, and it was cut too thin and was overcooked to what was requested. Overpriced and over cooked !

New Year's Menu - I must have ordered the wrong things, but isn't everything on a menu supposed to be good ? It should be at these prices.
I ordered a lobster and shrimp bisque for appetizer and it tasted like Cambell's vegetable soup. The duck 3-way I ordered was OK only, leg was good, the smaller medallions were tough to cut and chewy.

As a long-time Whitby resident, I am rooting for success for these local restaurants, but in all honesty I am worried for the Brock House's future, the food won't carry the place.

Reviewed 30 December 2010

Reservations for a specific table was ignored. The hostess intentionally seated another party at our reserved table 5 minutes prior to our reservation. The waitress was okay, but did not offer a dessert menu, nor did she offer coffee/tea. When she asked how everything was at the end of dinner, I tried to express my dislike and her response was "I hope everything else was okay". She totally ignored my concerns.

Not a bad place if you want to ruin someones birthday dinner.

Reviewed 4 October 2010

I’m not sure why there are so many poor reviews. My wife and I have dined here many times as a couple and many times with friends and family. WE HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED! The restaurant offers a unique dining experience. There is a pub menu as well as a creative menu... and both offer very tasty meals.

The restaurant itself has undergone extensive interior renovations. It is a comfortable feeling inside. The bar is “feature area” of the restaurant. It’s not a typical “local watering hole”.

As mentioned, the pub menu offers traditional pub fare. Reasonably priced and generous portions. The creative menu offers something for all walks of life. I really enjoyed the home made pizza(s).

If there was one drawback from this restaurant, it is that it can get really noisy inside during peak hours. Off hours, it offers that quiet get away from the other “big name” restaurants in the area.

I truly believe that they have worked out all the grand opening glitches... it would be a shame not to try this location based on previous reviews.

Reviewed 30 September 2010

After reading 2 disappointing reviews for this restaurant. my husband and I decided to try it for our Anniversary dinner anyways, and we are glad we did!!
The staff was welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable. The atmosphere and decor was warm, relaxing and inviting. And the food was absolutely delicious!! Service was also much faster than we expected. My husband had the prime rib which was over an inch thick, juicy, flavorful and melt in your mouth cooked to perfection! I had the Dancing Half Chicken with their house-made Jack Daniel's sauce, also tender and juicy! My chicken portion was more than ample but I ate it all as it was too good to leave on the plate! The potatoes were also fresh, with a delicious home made flavor and the mixed vegetables were fresh and cooked tender crisp. We both had the Vanilla Strawberry Creme Brulee for dessert and it was absolutely sinful, a perfect ending to a delicious meal!
To the people that didn't like the Brock house, either they are so picky that nothing would please them, or, they don't know what real gourmet food should taste like and maybe they should stick to McDonalds in the future! We would highly recommend The Brock House to anyone with an appreciation for good food and we will definitely go back, also because you can't beat their prices for the quality of their food and the portions served!!