“MACRO workshop at the Metro Toronto Zoo”

Nature's Photo Adventures
Ranked #1 of 1 Tours in Whitby
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I learned a lot and had a great time. The group was small and the individual attention from David, the workshop leader, was excellent. We started out with a classroom session in the coffee shop on the grounds. After hearing about the basics of macro photography we headed out to the Malayan pavilion to shoot some low-light, indoor shots. The place was small and rather crowded but we managed. David let me borrow his Tamron 90mm macro lens, thank you David, and I was able to learn a lot and get some great test shots. David also showed me how to use my external flash to full advantage. I will post some of the butterfly shots that I was able to get in the pavilion. After this we headed outside to try some outdoor macro photography. This wasn't as interesting for me but it was useful.
I was able to get this workshop on sale for $59 and I would recommend it at this price. Entrance to the zoo is extra but I was able to save money by buying a Groupon. After the seminar ended at noon, I stayed at the zoo and photographed the animals outdoors in the Africa section of the zoo.

1  Thank travelbug9999Ontario

Reviewed 14 October 2011

Going out on a photography walk with Rob Palmer was a great experience. I learned so much that I decided to stick around for a few hours after class ended to practice what I had learned. Now I feel like I will get so much more out of camera. The pics tell the story. except for cropping and sharpening on the cheetah I didn't do any photoshopping. they're a ways away from being truly professional, but not bad.

1  Thank Glenda R