Motel 6 Whitby
US$80
US$78
Royal Motel(Whitby)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsparking lotawesome stafflow budgetthe main highwaybreakfast restaurantroom was cleantim hortonsplace to sleepcanadian tirestayed here for nightsgas stationharveyspetsmcdonaldshwyclosetresidence
Reviewed 3 April 2014

they are very accommodating on every request i've ever made.. the room are very clean..and staff is pleasant and very helpful..you get more to your money..great convenient spot beside the go station for easy access to Toronto or the highway exit is beside the hotel pretty much..u have many varieties of restaurants from Kelsey's to Swiss chalet to McDonald to Tim Horton and Quiznos if u are travelling on a budget or not this is the place to stay..family orientated environment and pet friendly..love this place

Room Tip: ask if there is a fridge available ..if u need one and they will do their best to get one for your room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

After taking 30 minutes to book in the desk insisted my husband had a problem for getting a little impatient. After in our room for 2 hours police came insisting I was a prostitute because the front desk had called to say. The police then came 2 more times creating a problem so they could arrest my husband in the middle of the night. We did absolutely nothing wrong in the 3 hours prior to his arrest. Worst service and treatment from the front desk ever. If you have a beautiful wife careful not to take her to the desk or he may create a problem for you.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed at Motel 6 for one night as I had an event to attend in the area and wasn't sure if I was going to make the last train back to Toronto. It was a satisfying stay especially considering it was the cheapest of the accommodation I could find in the area. Located a simple 10 minute walk from the train station and adjacent to a plethora of fast food restaurants, I was greeted by a friendly clerk at reception and was happy with my warm, spacious room. The bed was soft, bathroom clean, there is a bar fridge in the room and free wifi is provided.

I've stayed at a fair amount of motels in my time but I'd compare this particular Motel 6 more with a budget (but pleasant) hotel than a motor inn. It's well worth booking if you find yourself in the eastern GTA.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank danschaumann
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I spent one night at this hotel last week.
The room had a thin door (locked) to an adjoining room where a few young people talked and laughed and played music all night (until 6 am). It sounded like they were in my room with me.
Obviously no consideration of noise pollution at this hotel.

Oh yes, and when I got up in the morning to take a shower, a BEDBUG fell out of my underwear as I undressed. I dropped it into the toilet and it swam to the bottom of the bowl before I could get a photo. When I mentioned this on check out the desk attendant did not seem surprised at all.

Too many unwanted guests at this motel for me.

NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: My tip to choose a room here is NOT to go at all.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank JohnG
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed here last ,minute on a long drive to Ottawa from Detroit after being slowed down by construction and traffic...I am well aware Motel 6 is a no-frills chain, but the hotel looks clean and is a relatively recent build. Paid $80+ as a walk-up just past midnight. Check-in was efficient and polite but don't expect any extra service/help (My wife asked if there was anywhere nearby that might deliver a pizza late at night...the response was "I'm sure if you can find somewhere open they'd deliver").

The beds were in almost unbelievably bad condition. They were visibly sagging...the mattress springs were literally in a hammock-like shape. We were tired--while I can appreciate that we should have complained immediately--we just wanted to sleep...so we did,

Morning revealed blood and/or vomit on the toilet tank in the bathroom. To my delight I also found a bloodstain (definitely not my own--definitely 'set' in) on the pillow case I'd been sleeping on all night.

At check-out I mentioned these things--again--helpful and polite but don't expect anything more than that--I got a quick apology and fained shock when I mentioned the blood stains. Considering the hotel had my phone number and address from registration--I thought I might hear something...nothing. Truly disappointing--value for $ is a fluid thing--there was $0 value in our experience at this hotel - all I got for $80 was a sore back.

Room Tip: There is a Holiday Inn Express across the street.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank its_shoeless_joe
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Whitby, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013