“Ok”
Review of Motel 6 Whitby

Motel 6 Whitby
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Whitby
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Remember to say non smoking if you can't stand the smell and tell them to put you far away from the smoking rooms because the smell seeps under the door. The bed was comfortable and clean. The bathroom needs a little help. It's a cheap place to stay if you can get a room away from the smoking rooms.

Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The motel 6 in whitby, is comparable to a modern day concentreation camp. As you walk through the doors, the smell of ciguretes lingers through the air, the one staff memeber in the hotel, is very, VERY disrespectful. The comforters are ideal for a 4 year old childs room. There is a weird brown substance that is unremovable stuck to the bath tub. If you have a sliver of respect for your self, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank bbbbbbnnaaaa
Reviewed 9 May 2014

If all you require is a clean, pleasant room for the night then the Motel 6 will do the trick. Although the rooms are small and have minimal amenities, the front desk staff are pleasant and the lobby and hallways are well maintained. Now here is where this property shines: you are within walking distance to a wonderful breakfast spot called the Sunset Grill, also walking distance to Swiss Chalet, Harveys, a gas station, and a Kelsey's Roadhouse bar and grill. Don't miss the breakfast at the Sunset Grill and expect to wait a few minutes. Order your breakfast 'to go' and bring it back to the room for quicker service. Although far from luxurious, the Motel 6 will 'get the job done' and you will not want for nearby spots for a quick bite.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank canadianicequeen_12
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed at Motel 6 for 9 days since we wouldn't get the keys to our new home till then. The place is clean, doesntIt is a nice motel with lots of food in walking distance ( breakfast restaurant, swiss chalet, Harveys, Kelsey's, and more only 1.5 minutes walking distdoesn't smell, uses key cards for all entries, has ice, microwave, free coffee, etc. Staff was great and fulfilled all of our requests for extra towels, cards, soap/shampoo, etc. The staff that was great that we met included Susan, brandyn, kadie, Amanda, Ryan, Francois, and Hudson. Great place to stay and would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank torontoguy_10
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I was in this area for a function I needed to attend one weekend. Unfortunately this was an unexpected last minute fill in for someone and I was on a budget. The Motel 6 fit my price range, but I was wary... based on previous reviews. I have to say though I was pleasantly surprised. Room was clean, well equipped, right off the highway and the service was great. Special mention has to go to Brandyn at the front desk. He helped me out with a last minute request. Never panicked and found a way to get the information required.... thank you Brandyn! Overall if you are in this area and are looking for value I don't think you can go wrong here.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TimmmyJoe
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on my way back from a business trip to Montreal, the rates are ridiculously cheap so I assumed I'd get what I paid for; basic service with basic "class" I was totally wrong! The hotel and rooms are clean, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful and went above and beyond their necessary duties to make sure I was happy, the manager was even helpful and courteous, he's definitely doing things the right way here!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TL1985
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed here for my sons hockey tournament had it had to be the worst experience ever!!! Coming back from dinner we were greeted with the SWAT and we're not allowed in our room, as there was a criminal in the hotel!
there was a smell of marijuana in the hall and people were smoking in the halls , we notified the front desk to complain but was told that wasn't their priority, The fellow parents with us walked in their room after registering at the front desk and the beds were un made and food was laying all over the floor, it was a very basic hotel but the staff were unpleasant and not accommodating at all, our complaints were brushed off, The police roaming the hall also was surprised a hockey association would book us in a very known hotel for its illegal activity!,
Definatly will never stay again beware if you have children it is not a place for families at all!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Nicole S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitby
Quality Suites
Super 8 Ajax/toronto on
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Oshawa

Been to Motel 6 Whitby? Share your experiences!