“Mondo - Great dining experience”
Review of Mondo Ristorante - CLOSED

Mondo Ristorante
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Oshawa, Canada
“Mondo - Great dining experience”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Our highest compliments to Mondo Ristorante, its chef and its staff - our first return since Mondo re-opened proved to a great dining experience and has encouraged us to return on New Year's Eve. We were very impressed by the service from the minute we walked in and they remained equally attentive throughout the meal (often a downfall in other restaurants we have been to). The atmosphere was perfect for our night out together, and not too loud despite being full at the time. We were both very happy with the taste and portion size of our selections - my wife ordering the Rack of Lamb and I the Seafood Spaghettini,after starting with the Scallops appetizer. We will often take advantage of all the restaurant options in Toronto, but this is now a real jewel for us for special occasions or just a night out, especially being right here in Durham Region.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Keith C

Oshawa, Canada
“Best restaurant in Durham”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I was with my family on a spontaneous adventure to find a new restaurant when we came across this little part of heaven. Mondo Ristorante where have you been all my life? If you live in Whitby, Oshawa, Ajax.... or anywhere go to Mondo for dinner.. trust me.. it will be worth the trip. Whoever is the chef in that kitchen. God blessed you with a greta talent. You sir.. or madame... are a genius. When we first looked at the menu we noticed the prices, but that's only if I was comparing the prices to a casual franchise such as East Side Mario's.. This is NO Eastside Mario's. The prices were WELL worth the meal I had, and the rest of my family will agree. Not to mention the service of this place... wow. I felt like royalty, such a beautiful restaurant. The servers are extremely nice and the owner made us feel at home. Such a genuinely kind man. Back to the food... Excellent. Everything was cooked to perfection, they start you off with a small appetizer courtesy of the chef, very unique little dish, I've never had anything quite like it VERY tasty. The bread was freshly baked and came with a delicious and very unique butter spread. I ordered the flatbread and the crab cakes for the table. Easily the best crab cakes I've had the pleasure of tasting. The flatbread was a perfect choice... delicious. I ordered the Rack Lamb, my wife had the Ontario duck, my son had the Chicken fusili and my daughter had the Organic salmon.. I could not resist the temptation to try a bite from everyone's plate.. and I couldn't decide what i enjoyed more.. everything was perfect. For desert my wife and I split on the creme brulee and my kids got the ice cream, lots of flavors to choose from. All sounded great. I will most definitely be back to Mondo. I would love to take my family here again, great restaurant for a family environment, but also very romantic at the same time.. For any company you wish to dine with I highly recommend Mondo Ristorante.

• Visited August 2013