“Outstanding! Nothing Else in Durham Comes Close to Mondo!”
Review of Mondo Ristorante - CLOSED

Mondo Ristorante
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Oshawa, Canada
“Outstanding! Nothing Else in Durham Comes Close to Mondo!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was very excited to hear that the Mondo is back! My wife and I are foodies, I am hobby chef @ home, food and wine is a passion in my spare time. Been living in Durham for the past 6 1/2 years and I always found it frustrating that we would have to go downtown Toronto for a top notch dining experience. Well, I am very pleased to have discovered that there is a finally a restaurant in Durham that actually lives up to "Fine Dining". We went out for an evening without the kids (my wifes birthday) and made reservations at the Mondo. I was blown away from the monent we walked in, the decor is unbelievable as is the atmosphere. Raul was our server, very polite and knew the menu very well. Unrushed service which is what we were looking for - an evening out. The food was outstanding, I had the White Onion Soup (best soup ever!), and the Lamb for my entree (melt in your mouth!). My wife had the Buffalo Mozz Salad to start and The Duck 2 Ways (oustanding!). I have to say the best Wine List in Durham, but let me take it one step further, they actually have a Sommelier. Robert who is one of the owners as well as a Sommelier guided me through the wine list and I was very pleased with his recommendation. Because my wife and I were having two (2) entirely different entree's he actually suggested wine by the glass. It was a great experience and I will definately be back. I dont want to bash any other local restaurants becase there are some good ones, but if you are looking for a restaurant that truly understands "The Customer Experience" has a real wine list, not something that was thrown together half hearted, doesn't cater to kids and families (no high chairs!) and puts its heart into their food - then Mondo is the place!

• Visited March 2014
5 Thank Chris T

WHITBY
“WONDERFUL PLACE FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We were looking for a place to celebrate a special occasion -my partner's 60th birthday- and we found it not five minutes from our home - Mondo Ristorante. It was extraordinary in every way. The dining room itself is beautifully decorated, with a gas fireplace adding to the ambience. The staff was fantastic, from the minute one opened the door for us until they helped us get into our coats to leave. The food was not only presented beautifully but it was satisfying in every way, including the special dessert tray that was prepared for my partner's birthday. We were not rushed, especially in between courses. One thing we noted in particular that we really appreciated was that, even though my partner finished first, they did not remove her dishes until I was finished too. We also appreciated being able to get glasses of wine in different quantities. I wouldn't hesitate to refer Mondo to anyone who was looking for a first-class dining experience.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank kate38ca
Whitby, Canada
“Valentines day disappointment”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Ok, so we were really excited to go back to Mondo's as we haven't been in a long time. We ended up having to wait an hour and 15 minutes for my husbands dinner. My dinner was no complaints, on the other hand my poor husband ended up not getting what he requested for, and his dinner was cold. So, the waiter apologized and actually ended up giving us a spa voucher for 20.00. The meal was not what we expected for the amount you would expect, even for fine dining. So sad and disappointed for our Valentines choice. We will choose another establishment on our next venture out.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank MCandPC
Roselle, Illinois
“Great Dinner Great atmosphere and Great service”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

New Years eve last minute choice. Glad I found this place. Best dinner i've had in Whitby area.
Food, service and atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank mcarl
Oshawa, Canada
“Mondo - Great dining experience”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Our highest compliments to Mondo Ristorante, its chef and its staff - our first return since Mondo re-opened proved to a great dining experience and has encouraged us to return on New Year's Eve. We were very impressed by the service from the minute we walked in and they remained equally attentive throughout the meal (often a downfall in other restaurants we have been to). The atmosphere was perfect for our night out together, and not too loud despite being full at the time. We were both very happy with the taste and portion size of our selections - my wife ordering the Rack of Lamb and I the Seafood Spaghettini,after starting with the Scallops appetizer. We will often take advantage of all the restaurant options in Toronto, but this is now a real jewel for us for special occasions or just a night out, especially being right here in Durham Region.

• Visited October 2013