Residence Inn Whitby
Lucien Motel(Whitby)
Royal Motel(Whitby)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenhot tubbedroom suitegreat place to staylight dinnerbreakfast was excellentsized fridgefront desk staffthe breakfast areanearby restaurantsliving areapull out couchlocation is excellentfitness roomacross the streetgo trainincluded in the rate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is your pretty standard Residence Inn. An odd mix of amenities by room. The appliances differ in each of the rooms I've stayed, some with a fill range, others with just burner top and microwave.

Each room was also laid out a little differently, some with a closet by the kitchen others without.

When I stay at Residence Inn I usually like to cook my meals. There are plenty of utensils, but I'd recommend giving them a wash first as several times I found the dishes dusty or stained with food. The GM indicated they are more of an occasional property and don't have many long term guests.

Always fresh cookies in the lobby and in my room upon arrival. Managers reception food was good as was breakfast.

Always willing to hold my staples (pasta, olive oil, Salt and Pepper, salad vinegar, etc) over the weekend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
WhitbyRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Whitby, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear FQTV_IT_NURSE,
Thank you for the comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I 'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I also thank you for choosing Residence Inn, as it sounds as if you always stay with the brand. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Durham Region.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Stay in hotels often and the this chain of hotels has the best staff and amenities. I have stayed in Kingston courtyard, Marriott downtown Ottawa and now Residence in Whitby. I have always received service that is above and beyond. All staff is helpful, courteous, and seems to honestly care about the guest, they hire amazing people. Huge rooms, very comfy. If you have choice always go with Marriott, even if 10 or 20 more then other hotels I'm telling you it's worth it. Family of 4 so free WiFi, pool and microwave and fridge in rooms is great for budget. Even rooms with full fridge and stove. Another bonus point arrived at 1:30 after driving in snowstorm and lady at front desk found us room no waiting till 3 in lobby. Will never stay anywhere Marriott from now on.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
WhitbyRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Whitby, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear JessicaValinsky,
Thank you for the great comments regarding your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. You have sold our property and all Marriott properties as if you work for us, I couldn't have described it any better. We look forward to welcoming your family again the next time you are in Whitby.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

This Residence Inn is located very close to highway 401 and a lot of local businesses nearby, especially those lining up Consumers Drive, where this property is. The staff are friendly and the amenities are typical of a Residence Inn. Although it does not have the bells and whistle of upscale hotels, it is quite suitable for business travelers who are visiting the local companies.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Laopu,
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our property on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you once again when next you are in Whitby.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

My wife and I have stayed here a few times on trips from the UK but always in Summer until now. Our experience this time was just as good - clean comfortable suite, excellent facilities and location, excellent breakfasts and option of evening meal 4 nights/week, and the most friendly, helpful, courteous staff I have ever come across. Reception, cleaning, maintainance and laundry staff all appear happy and greeted guests with a smile. Although this time our room overlooked the busy road and, beyond that, the 401, traffic noise was never a problem. The weather was grim but staff kept the car parking areas fairly free of ice and snow. One word of warning - Friday and Saturday nights, the place was over-run with families attending hockey tournaments. Parental control appeared to be an alien concept to some and the corridor on our floor became a hockey practice area for youger kids while the lobby was taken over by sullen, older youths who made access to the lifts awkward at times. The appearance of a security man later in the evening resolved the problem and our night's sleep was never disturbed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alf1951_13
WhitbyRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Whitby, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Alf1951_13,
Thank you for the great comments that you posted on TripAdvisor regarding your last stay with us. I am glad that you used us in the winter time as well as the summer time. We aim to ensure that regardless of when you stay, that we exceed all of your expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We had a four full day training this week - we were very impressed with the quality of customer service for our group, the extra attention we received from the Director of Sales and Marketing, Jacque MacMillian was very much appreciated. Our group of adults had special needs due to chronic health conditions, and she went out of her way to ensure the meeting met all our needs both in venue and catering. the staff that helped with the catering needs were very friendly. thumbs up, a pleasure to have had our training at this facility and will most certainly book there again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Diana M.
Thank you for your kind words of gratitude on TripAdvisor regarding your meeting that was at our property. I will pass on your comments to Jacque and the rest of the staff. It was our pleasure having you here with us and we look forward to having you again in the near future.