“Best Greek restaurant I have been to”

Greek Tycoon Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 332 Restaurants in Whitby
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I came here tonight with my girlfriend, and it was my first time here. She always wanted me to try it, and we finally came. It is the best Greek restaurant that I have been to so far. The food was great, the service was great, friendly and fast, and the staff was friendly. I recommend it. But word to the wise, before you come in, I recommend you call ahead and make a reservation. It makes everything simpler and faster.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Greek Tycoon is by far the best restaurant in Whitby, and I'd even suggest GTA. The welcoming staff provide the friendliest and most attentive service, the food is exquisite yet the prices are reasonable.

I honestly cannot praise this place highly enough; you get the feeling of warmth from a family run restaurant, and the portions are off the chart. I've been eating here for almost 9 years and have never had a bad experience. Even the takeout is superb, and quickly prepared.

For the best experience, however, dine in on an unrushed evening. It feels just like Greece.

But you don't get to smash plates.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have been patronizing this restaurant over the past 10 years. Is it the "best" Greek food you will ever have? No.... but it is a nice place to celebrate family events as the meals are substantial and reasonably priced, the service is always very good, and the staff very welcoming and accomodating. The lunch portions are generous, with the lentil soup being one of the most popular items. The decor and atmosphere never seems to change, and I guess there is comfort in that. The dining room does have an upper level which is accessed by a couple of steps with no hand rails, which could pose some difficulty for those with mobility issues.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Pretty good Greek food for Whitby not on par with Zorbas on the Danforth but it will quench your thirst for Greek food. Great value we had takeout and it was ready in about 20 min as I was told on the phone. Would definately recommend, yammos vrei. Adios amigos!

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Always a favourite. We love it here and come back often for family events. Take out has also been great. Always delicious and very reasonably priced.