“Our Favorite Sushi Place!”
Review of Sushi Mountain

Sushi Mountain
Ranked #51 of 336 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This is our first place to go whenever we have the urge for great food! The service however need some improvement!

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

In university I used to visit the mountain all the time and loved it. When I moved back to the area this spring I was happy to see a revised menu with tastey new items. Sadly this week I visited and it was the worst sushi Ive ever had anywhere. I have no idea what happened. The tempura bits were so old or overcooked I thought I had bitten into a bone and my avacado handroll was so sad and lacking...all rice and wrapper and all the rolls I ordered were falling apart and messy. None of the sushi tasted fresh. Even my salad was watery. The place looked clean but I noticed that my purse smelled like fish after..like the oils had infiltrated all the surfaces. Ive been loyal to this place for years...it was my go to but for $25 for dinner Im going to be trying out some of the newer places in the area. I heard a few others say it had been bad recently as well....hopefully they wakeup and fix things!

1  Thank jvive
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Going here is part of a family dinner treat. Menu provides options for everybody, and it has been expanded! Reasonably authentic Japanese family restaurant taste and atmosphere. Sometimes busy (so service staff can sometimes scramble up your order a bit...)... but that's a good thing, as it means freshly made food. Great value.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Waitress brings food out in random order.. sushi before some appetizers
You must flag down the waitress for any thing you need... from more green tea to the bill at the end. Feel like you are doing the waitress a favor eating there.

Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Went for the first time while visiting family. All you can eat sushi was $19.95 and the menu was quite extensive for the price. Service was great and checked in on us regularly. Atmosphere was quiet and typically sushi restaurant type. Would definitely go back