“So glad we stumbled upon this 26 year treasure.”

Melanie Pringle's Restaurants
Ranked #38 of 321 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Whitby
“So glad we stumbled upon this 26 year treasure.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

This place is awesome. Kristen rocks. She was so pleasant and told us the history of the dinner. You would never know it has been in business for 26 years. It's as fresh as a new restaurant. Food homemade and delicious. Staff friendly and helpful and they know their product.
Will be back for music bingo.

• Visited June 2013

oshawa, Ontario, Canada
“Retro vibe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

I went to Melanie Pringle's with some girls from work for a birthday lunch. The server seated us and heard it was one of the girls' birthdays and put us in the VIP section that's a bigger room with a jukebox and plenty of retro art on the walls. The menu offers a wide variety of different choices and the prices are great. I went with the turkey bacon wrap with the salad and was pleasantly surprised with how good it was. It was nice that we were sectioned off so we could enjoy each other's company. Our server was great too! Very nice and easy to communicate with. At the end of our meal she presented the birthday gal with a $15 off certificate for her next meal. I've lived in Durham for years and have never been but I will definately be back the food was great so was the service and the decor gave you a definate retro vibe!!

• Visited April 2013
Oshawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Interesting place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

A busy & happening place. Decently priced to be competitive. Friendly staff, but they seemed under staffed the night my girl friend & I met for dinner. It was also very noisy, but had great music.

Visited February 2013
Whitby
“Glad we checked it out on trip advisor ++++”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a restaurant for supper and I turned to trip advisor for some ideas since we are still not a 100% sure of what Whitby has to offer since moving here from out of province.
We checked out their menu online and was sure we'd both be able to find some we wanted to eat.
The menu has something for everybody. They are true to their word as advertising as a 50's diner. Well decorated and not overly cluttered with memorabilia.

We were greated with a friendly smile and a hello.
We were seated at a table for 2 near a waiter/waitress station. I was discussing with my husband that the background noise from the station would interfere with me being able to hear him. Our waiter overheard my concerns and quickly offered us another table.

Kevin is an amazing waiter. He jumps in with a genuine smile. He is what made Melanie Pringles such a pleasant dining experience for us. Hats off to Kevin I hope you were the example that the rest of the staff should follow.

I noticed a calendar posted that showed all the events for the month. Great bar specials and family dining specials too.

Oshawa, Canada
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

The food is always good here with lots of selection and the staff is always quick and friendly!

Definitely one of the best restaurants :)

1 Thank Taylor C