“Easy Lunch But Not The Best”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Rice Buffet - CLOSED

Red Rice Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese, American, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Thorold, Canada
“Easy Lunch But Not The Best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We attended for lunch. I guess they weren't expecting a big turnout. The food bins, although none were empty, had little food in them. It makes you take smaller amounts of everything out of consideration for the next guy. The food is OK, not great, and the variety is not as good as at the dinner buffet. For $9 pp I don't think it's that great. It would be good for say six or seven dollars per person but sadly that's not the case. I don't think I would do lunch here regularly.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Chuck333

Port Colborne, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgusting!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

After being seated, we were ignored for 20 minutes.
Brought my husband's drink after another 20 minutes but not mine! Then we tell the waitress so she goes and makes it herself. It was "supposed" to be Singapore Sling. I have no idea what it actually was. Tasted like sugary soda water. A lot of the pans were empty??? Overcooked meat dishes, spareribs were all bone, chicken balls had a 1/4" piece of chicken in them so all batter basically. The place is dirty, dirty, dirty! Also customers there looked like they hadn't taken a bath in quite some time.
A man from the kitchen came out and butted right in front of me to make himself a plate of food. Unbelievable!! Never every go there!!!!!!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank leaseatraveller
Welland, Canada
“It was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

The food was average the building needs updating , device was average , it is a buffet but kinda small , I didn't think it was a good value

• Visited March 2014
“Awkward”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The waitress stood at the counter just staring at me giving me a dirty look and scaring my 5 year old. Food wasn't very good either. Don't go here

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank flowlow3
Ottawa
“good value for the price - good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We spent the weekend at a hotel in Welland, and found this restaurant not too far from it.

As far as buffets go, the variety was average for the price range. They food was good, replenished several times over the course of our meal.

Our waitress was attentive and even brought out a slice of cake with a candle for our daughter's birthday.

We would go back again the next time that we visit Welland.

• Visited March 2014