“Original Diner”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Ontario, Canada
“Original Diner”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Although this diner is very average its reputation as being better than it is precedes itself.
The tables in the diner are too close to one another and the food's quality does not demand the menu price.

Guelph, Canada
“I stop here every time I am in the area!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

It's not fancy at all and I kind of like the fact that it feels like travelling a few years back in time (decor wise) but the food is always fast and delicious! Today I had the Jonas wrap and my partner had the fish and chips. Both were delish :) I love the skin-on french fries :) Breakfast is always good here and you can't go wrong with the cabbage rolls and perogies :) I always want to try the coconut creme pie but never have enough room left because the portions are pretty massive.

Toronto, Canada
“Don't judge a book by it's cover.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife picked up a groupon for this restaurant since we were heading to Niagara Falls from Toronto and wanted to stop someplace different to eat once we got close to our destination.

From the outside the place looked a litlle tired and the interior was a bit dated but the staff were wonderful and the food was great.

My wife had the the Ukranian Trio and I had the Ble Star Trio. My wife loved the perogies and I loved the ribs. Even the potato skins were spectacular.

I'd definitly go back if I was in the area with or without a groupon discount.

Welland, Canada
“Don't eat here”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Service is awful in the back part of restaurant, Front diner and Back restaurant run by two diffent owners. Onwner of back does dont care about his customers. If you plan to visit the Blue Star eat at the front and John will take care of you.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Mark J
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Go for the food, not the atmosphere”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We've always enjoyed going to the Blue Star--portions are generous, and the prices are very reasonable, and there's something for everyone on the menu, even our very fussy granddaughter. This time we had a Groupon, so it made the prices even better. Don't let the outside appearance of the restaurant/area discourage you--the restaurant is in an industrial area, and looks very plain--front of the restaurant looks like a typical diner--go through to the back of the restaurant to the dining room area. In the past I've had the Chicken Parmesan (HUGE portion--usually have to ask for a container to bring home leftovers), the Liver and Onions, the Perogies and Cabbage Rolls--all excellent. This time I went with the 'Italian Trio" (Lasagna, Sausage, Meatballs) and, as usual, it was delicious but I couldn't finish it all. Great food, reasonable prices--can't ask for more than that!