“My favorite place for a fine dining experience”

Nick & Nat's Uptown21
Ranked #23 of 402 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This is my all time fav restaurant!
Though I only get to go once a year for my bday or special occasions because it is one of the more pricey options in town, however you do get what you pay for!
I like that it's family owned and run. I have food allergies ad they customize everything for me everytime I go! This is more helpful then u know!
When we go we always order off the 'pri fix' menu which changes depending on the season and we usually get the wine pairings with each course- I find this to be a great value!
I have never done this but you can even sit at the kitchen window and whatch the chef!
You need to go here!!
Fresh. Flavourful & friendly!!

1  Thank Slough_xo

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Nick and Nat's Uptown 21 is quickly emerging as my favourite place to dine in the Kitchener Waterloo area. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, the service attentive and the food is superb. In addition to their regular menu, Nick and Nat's offers a fixe price menu with the option of selecting 3 or 4 courses. However, unlike some establishments, they allow the diner to mix and match between the regular menu and the fixe price selections which gives the diner a wide variety of choices. On my most recent visit, I started with a raw beet, pear and blue cheese salad. The ingredients were fresh and flavourful and the presentation beautiful. This was followed by cottage pie, topped with creamy mashed potatoes and served with a side of cauliflower frites. It was a perfect meal for a cool and rainy fall evening. My "bestie" opted for her usual choice at Nick and Nat's - a crisp romaine salad, followed by a roasted bone-in chicken breast, which in her words, is just "too good not have every time I eat here." Although we didn't need dessert, we could not resist the many tempting choices on the menu. My friend opted for the fresh fruit crepe and I decided on creme brulee which is a favourite of mine. Both were excellent and provided a delicious ending to a wonderful meal. I am already looking forward to my next visit to this fine establishment.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

We had heard a lot of good things about Nick and Nat's so the bar was raised pretty high. Things started off pretty badly right out of the gate. We were seated right next to the rolling garment rack that doubles as a coat rack. Classy. We ordered fancy cocktails which sounded better than they tasted. The "infamous" sauerkraut soup tasted like ... sauerkraut. Go figure. The wild boar was good. My friends had the crepe special. I was surprised that they wouldn't ook each crepe to order. These were obviously made in the morning and pulled out of the fridge when ordered. The raw pear inside was jarring. Good ideas, sounds good, but the execution just wasn't there.

3  Thank Namellor
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Foie gras and a glass of sparkling and I am happy. Add lobster to the mix, Tawes Quarry Rd., and I am in heaven. It was cozy and lively inside, very welcoming on one of the first chilly fall evenings. I love the menu, can't wait to return. These people are very passionate about their restaurant, and it shows. Service was excellent, but the food is so good... Coming back for the prix fixe for sure.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

We recently celebrated my wife's birthday with another couple at Nick &Nat's, and our dinner was wonderful as always. This is our favorite restaurant in the KW area. The service was impeccable - just the right amount of attention, interaction and pace. My wife had her usual warm salad and quarter chicken dinner, and she loved it. The juicy chunks of bacon in the salad are great, and the chicken is simple but savoury. I had the risotto as my entree and found it to be flavorful and subtle in its combinations of tastes. The atmosphere here is what I would term comfortable - its not fancy where you feel you need to dress up, but it's nicer than a typical pub format - just right, I'd say! A very enjoyable meal all around, from a reliably excellent restaurant.