“Exceptional service”
Review of Les Diplomates B&B

Les Diplomates B&B
Ranked #1 of 6 Waterloo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I spent one night in the Imperial Room at the B&B. We needed an early check in, and were accommodated very nicely. We relaxed in the beautiful garden in the shade. Our room was the largest, most beautiful B&B room I have ever stayed in. The house is in a lovely neighbourhood and really is a gorgeous property. Hoda is a very attentive host, and her helper Dana was fabulous. Our breakfast was amazing, healthy and delicious. The table is set so beautifully, and every area of the house is spotless. Plenty of attention to detail, and above expected service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 May 2014

"This is your home during your stay....please make yourself comfortable". Everything I had imagined a bed and breakfast might be: warmth and friendliness, a mix of elegance and comfort, every need anticipated. The breakfasts were delightful. My bedroom was spacious with an ensuite bathroom cleaner and as nice as a top-rated hotel. I recommend this to others who may not have ever tried this type of accomodation - such a pleasant surprise! Our group felt welcome from the moment Hoda greeted us. We lingered over breakfast and relaxed after our meetings in the evenings. I will be recommending Hoda's lovely home and hospitality to everyone I know!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I had the very fortunate experience of staying at Les Diplomates for 2 months. Hoda and Paul were the kindest and most generous hosts. While I was going through a difficult transition in my life, I was able to stay somewhere that really felt like a home. I will always remember the kindness I received during this time. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a place to stay in Waterloo to seek out Les Diplomates, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2013

As the other reviews said the only way to describe our experience is "Wow". Hoda and Paul make you feel right at home. We were invited to a Christmas Party even though were were just guests with them. They really roll out the red carpet for all their guests. We didn't expect to be invited and couldn't believe the generousity of the meal. First there were Hors d'oeuvres, then a trivia game, to be followed by the main meal and then dessert. At first we felt uncomfortable being with strangers, but Hoda and Paul make you relaxed. They are very generous as you can see. They even said if parents are visiting their children at the nearby University, the children are invited to a free breakfast. Their generousity is evident in how they have updated the B&B. They have used the profits to update the B&B, and it is in excellent shape with everything new. I hate B&Bs that look dated, where the owners don't spend money on improving the B&B. We very rarely give out an excellent rating, but Hoda, Paul, and the staff make customer service the number one priority and it shows.

Room Tip: Imperial Ensuite has a short king because it is two twins strapped together so if you are a tall per...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We recently had the pleasure of staying at Les Diplomates again after a visit last fall. Renovations have made the home away from home even nicer. Our hosts, Hoda and Paul, were very welcoming and had many interesting stories. Their knowledge of Waterloo and the surrounding area was very helpful. The breakfasts were amazing with many tasty fruits and vegetables that were freshly harvested from local farms. Our daughter who is attending university was also invited for breakfast.

Other guests during our stay were from Alberta, Ohio, Germany, and the UAE. Hearing about other people's experiences and cultures is always so fascinating.

This B&B is located in a quiet residential neighborhood conveniently near the universities.

We highly recommend Les Diplomates.

Room Tip: Call ahead if you have special requests such as dietary restrictions or the need for an additional c...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Beautiful and spacious, I would recommend this B & B to anyone looking for out-of-the-ordinary. The breakfast was to die for. As well, since we booked with them, the tickets we booked at St. Jacob's were discounted. Bonus!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy W
Reviewed 5 August 2013

If you are looking for an excellent place, with excellent food, and an amazing host then this B&B is the one you are looking for.
Rooms are clean, the backyard is spacious with fire place and patio sets. The breakfast was amazing with some dishes I have never tried before. The lady that owns the place is the best. She set up the outdoor fire place for us, gave us a bottle of wine and we chilled at the backyard.

Location: We went to visit St. Jacobs and this place is 5-10 min away by car. Same distance to the main streets of Waterloo.
Highly recommended!