Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Hotel Laurier(Waterloo)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdiner attachedquiet sleeproom was cleanangel restaurantweber streetan odd odornight's sleeplots of parkingonly real complaintground floorlots of pillowsdesk clerkwould recommend this hotel to anyonefamily restaurantrestaurant next doorvisiting familychecking out
Reviewed 10 November 2012

For the past 10 years or so, a good friend of mine and I have been getting together for a night out about 2 or 3 times a year in Waterloo Ontario and we have ALWAYS stayed at the Comfort Inn on 190 Weber Street North. In fact, we like to call it "home". Every one of the staff I have dealt with have always been courtious, friendly, professional and kind. Check in has always been prompt and the newly renovated lobby is a nice upgrade. The hotel is quiet, the beds are nice, bathroom is comfortable, the shower is nice and the hotel is very close to everything one would need. I would not stay at any other hotel when visiting Waterloo. Of the 20-30 times I have stayed at this hotel, I have not had one negative experience, I truly can't say that about any other hotel.

I would not stay anywhere else in Waterloo, Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
ComfortWaterloo, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Our Team at the Comfort Inn Waterloo would like to thank you for your kind words. Working in service we often try to go above expectations to make our guests feel at home and comfortable but do not always have an opportunity to receive the guests reactions and compliments. Knowing that our efforts are appreciated is truly meaningful to us, and your sincere words offer us valuable motivation to continue aiming for high standards of service.

I will certainly be sharing your review with our dedicated staff and would like to offer you our thanks for taking the time to publicize your experiences at our hotel.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Great check-in experience, received packages that I required and they were diligent in ensuring that I received. Staff professional and friendly. Unfortunately there were guests on the floor that decided to party until midnight making sleeping a little difficult. Room overall was good and clean. Different types of restaurants within the immediate area which gave you a variety of choices.

Room Tip: Aim for a 2nd floor room but there are no elevators should you have a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
ComfortWaterloo, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that some of our other guests negatively impacted your stay. If you choose to stay with us again please feel free to inform our staff in advance that you are sensitive to noise and would like to be placed in a quiet area of the hotel. We will certainly do our best to attend to your needs and uphold the highest standards of quality and service.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

No elevator, nice and quiet, good attached restaurant, comfortable bed and nice room. The stairwells had an odd odor and I attribute this to having smoking rooms at the front lower portion of the hotel. Not the fastest WiFi but adequate. Friendly staff and very accommodating.

Room Tip: No elevators - so if you have lots of luggage try to be closer to an exit/entrance.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
ComfortWaterloo, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Thank you very much for your kind and honest review of our hotel. It is always great to hear that our guests appreciate our staff and their dedication to your satisfaction. As well thank you for taking the time to enjoy our new restaurant and I am happy to hear you had a pleasant experience.

We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

If you need to stay near the universities in Waterloo, then this is a good choice. I had a room near the front of the hotel & it was surprisingly quiet given the busy street outside. I found found the bed to be pretty comfortable & the room spacious & well appointed. The staff were pleasant & helpful throughout my stay. There's nothing much other than chain restaurants & fast food in the vicinity, but there is a good supermarket 7-8 minutes walk from the hotel. My only real complaint was the lack of privacy curtains that would let light through. Being on the ground floor, I had to keep the curtains drawn at all times otherwise it was like sitting in the car park.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Thank you so much for your kind response. It was a pleasure accomodating you and we always appreciate hearing that our staff were able to make your stay enjoyable.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Since the last time I stayed at this hotel there have been a number of really nice renovations. The exterior of the building has all new brickwork and there is lots of parking. Then when you walk into the building, the lobby has all been redone ~ ir looks amazing!!! Modern and clean and organized! I was happy to see that the staff was still as friendly and welcoming as ever though!!! They called my room just minutes after I checked in just to make sure everything was OK with my stay.
Durning the weekend that I was there I was doing some sight seeing and needed some direction and the staff were very knowledgeable about the area and provided excellent directions.
The new 32" televisions were new since my last stay as well ~ nice added feature!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is visiting the Waterloo area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
ComfortWaterloo, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We are happy that you noticed and appreciated the improvements we are making to the hotel.

Also my staff would like to thank you for your glowing recommendation of their service and efforts. I am very proud of their initiative and responsiveness, and so it is always appreciative to have a guest offer such an encouraging review of the staff.

We look forward to your next visit.