Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario
US$105
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hotel Laurier(Waterloo)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsdiner attachedquiet sleeproom was cleanangel restaurantweber streetan odd odornight's sleeplots of parkingonly real complaintground floorlots of pillowsdesk clerkwould recommend this hotel to anyonefamily restaurantrestaurant next doorvisiting familychecking out
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Especailly Mark Bowland, he ensures all the needs of a customer is taken care of - an extra miler. He is funny. Great job Mark! If you ever read this review!

I would highly recommend the hotel if you want to stay close to good restaurants (angels is next door, has good menu), buse stops (if you dont have a car yet), coffee shops etc. I stayed in a business class room that had a refrigerator and a microwave, ofcourse a huge LCD TV.Local calls are free. Only downside is there is no laundry onsite. I mean its a good deal considering the convenience and customer service. I did not have any problems per se. enjoyed my stay. I have been in many hotels across the globe (yes, I travel a lot) but this is quite descent. Else I would have checked out the next day. Stayed there for 15 days in October this year.

Room Tip: choose business class if possible
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
ComfortWaterloo, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I will be sure to congratulate the guest service representative who improved your stay and thank them for a job well done.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

We won't be returning.
1. We booked two weeks prior to arriving and requested a non-smoking room with two beds (I was travelling with my daughter). Upon arrival we were offered smoking/2-beds or non-smoking/1-bed. They were fully booked with a sports team.
SO WHY COULDN'T THE HOTEL HAVE CONTACTED ME BEFORE WE ARRIVED??

2. By 9.30pm the noise in the hallway was raucous. It was a girls' hockey team, but it wasn't the girls who were the problem - it was the totally inconsiderate parents, who were partying in the hallway! They were occasionally told by residents to keep it down, but it just got worse and worse. Calls to the desk were met with "We've called the manager in, he'll be here in 20 mins". But an hour later the trolls were still going strong. A horrible night.
SO WHY COULDN'T THE HOTEL DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE NOISE??

The room? Old and a bit smelly, but comfortable and the bathroom was clean.
The staff? Need training in customer service.

Room Tip: 1. Confirm your room before you arrive. 2. If there's a sports team staying, don't.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank britt77
ComfortWaterloo, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

I am disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations; however I would like to thank you for communicating your concerns so that we may correct future behavior. I have reviewed your booking and it appears that your internet travel agent booked a non-smoking room with one queen sized bed but placed a request for a room with 2 double beds if available. Unfortunately we were sold out of non-smoking rooms with 2 double beds for some time prior to your booking. My apologies that we could not accommodate your request to change room types.

In relation to your concerns with the other guests creating abnormal levels of noise; Managing the differing lifestyles and expectations of our guests so that they do not negatively impact one another is certainly a major concern of the hotel and the hospitality industry in general. We strive to correct these concerns when possible, and I certainly will be reviewing our policy and procedures regarding this scenario to ensure that future guests are not impacted as you were.

Once again, my sincerest apologies regarding your stay. Should you choose to give us another opportunity to accommodate you please do contact me directly and I will personally handle your next experience.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

For the past 10 years or so, a good friend of mine and I have been getting together for a night out about 2 or 3 times a year in Waterloo Ontario and we have ALWAYS stayed at the Comfort Inn on 190 Weber Street North. In fact, we like to call it "home". Every one of the staff I have dealt with have always been courtious, friendly, professional and kind. Check in has always been prompt and the newly renovated lobby is a nice upgrade. The hotel is quiet, the beds are nice, bathroom is comfortable, the shower is nice and the hotel is very close to everything one would need. I would not stay at any other hotel when visiting Waterloo. Of the 20-30 times I have stayed at this hotel, I have not had one negative experience, I truly can't say that about any other hotel.

I would not stay anywhere else in Waterloo, Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
ComfortWaterloo, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Our Team at the Comfort Inn Waterloo would like to thank you for your kind words. Working in service we often try to go above expectations to make our guests feel at home and comfortable but do not always have an opportunity to receive the guests reactions and compliments. Knowing that our efforts are appreciated is truly meaningful to us, and your sincere words offer us valuable motivation to continue aiming for high standards of service.

I will certainly be sharing your review with our dedicated staff and would like to offer you our thanks for taking the time to publicize your experiences at our hotel.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Great check-in experience, received packages that I required and they were diligent in ensuring that I received. Staff professional and friendly. Unfortunately there were guests on the floor that decided to party until midnight making sleeping a little difficult. Room overall was good and clean. Different types of restaurants within the immediate area which gave you a variety of choices.

Room Tip: Aim for a 2nd floor room but there are no elevators should you have a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
ComfortWaterloo, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that some of our other guests negatively impacted your stay. If you choose to stay with us again please feel free to inform our staff in advance that you are sensitive to noise and would like to be placed in a quiet area of the hotel. We will certainly do our best to attend to your needs and uphold the highest standards of quality and service.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

No elevator, nice and quiet, good attached restaurant, comfortable bed and nice room. The stairwells had an odd odor and I attribute this to having smoking rooms at the front lower portion of the hotel. Not the fastest WiFi but adequate. Friendly staff and very accommodating.

Room Tip: No elevators - so if you have lots of luggage try to be closer to an exit/entrance.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
ComfortWaterloo, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Thank you very much for your kind and honest review of our hotel. It is always great to hear that our guests appreciate our staff and their dedication to your satisfaction. As well thank you for taking the time to enjoy our new restaurant and I am happy to hear you had a pleasant experience.

We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.