“Great Location!!!”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Waterloo
Huntsville, Canada
“Great Location!!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I lived in the Kitchener Waterloo area for 12 years and come back yearly to visit friends. Your hotel is a great location as it's central for me to visit friends all over the two cities.

The renovations in the lobby are wonderful and bring the hotel out of the 80's into the future. The rooms are always clean and quiet and other than the odd guest who may be noisy in the halls I've never had a problem with exterior noise. My favourite rooms are either close to the back or on the back end of the building, always quiet.

Wonderful staff, and Mark is always so helpful. Look forward to my next trip down with all the new renovations completed.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
ComfortWaterloo, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Its great to hear that you appreciate all of the work that we have already done. Our staff have been working very hard to try and make the renovation process go smoothly and with as little impact to guests as possible. We all appreciate the support of guests such as yourself and I will be sure to congratulate Mark on making such a superb impression.

Jason Shaw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stayed one night and was impressed with the location and staff friendliness. Very good value for the money. I would stay there again with no hesitation. This Comfort Inn met the standards of the chain that I have come to expect.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding our hotel and staff. We really appreciate your business and hope to accomodate you again soon.

Waterloo
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Friendly staff, room was a bit smelly but the beds were comfy. It was an overall pleasant stay. Nothing to complain about other than the price but it was a long weekend after all so I expected a price hike.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

ComfortWaterloo, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and hope you will continue stay with us as a valued guest.

Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2013

This hotel has nothing going for it except location on this trip...I had to clean the bathroom before we could use it - twice. Today we just left up the DND sign - why bother?
And you can send me spam every second day about my stay but you can't warn me you're ripping the hallways apart & painting!? You want me to allow random workers to enter our room and paint when we aren't here? Are you kidding me?
The front desk wouldn't even come upstairs to tell the people partying in the hallway and racing their office chairs up & down the hallway to be quiet.
2nd worst stay in Waterloo ever!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
ComfortWaterloo, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
My apologies for the inconveniences you faced during your stay this past weekend regarding the state of the building during our current renovations. I assure you that we are not undertaking such a large project lightly, however as you can imagine it is very difficult to select a time to complete updates which will not create a concern for at least some of our guests. While I do apologize sincerely for the concerns you have mentioned, please be aware that our renovation efforts are being completed with our guests best interest in mind. We would appreciate another opportunity to serve you now that the corridor renovations are near completion. Please do contact me and I would be happy to assist you personally.

Our renovation is currently complete in all guest rooms and our corridors are to be completed this week.

Comfort Inn Waterloo

Travellers are raving about these Waterloo hotels

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2013

It's a shame that I have to rate my stay so poorly. Your staff is always very friendly and accomodating which is nice to see that this hasn't changed. I have been staying at the Waterloo Inn for the past 11 years any time I am here on business and have never chosen another location but that will certainly change. The room was clean but the bathroom not really. I am never impressed to find hairs from other guests laying around. What got me was the shower...in one word DRAINO. If someone takes a shower, the expectation is that the water would go down the drain, not collect until you are soaking half way up your shins and doing your best to get out of the shower as fast as you can so you don't end up overfilling the tub. As a coffee drinker, it is nice to sit and relax with a pot of coffee, either watching tv or sitting on the computer. I ran the water through the machine once as I always do regardless of where I stay to ensure its clean and out came the floaties (not quite sure what) but I thought I'd do it again to ensure I go them all. After the second time, I thought it was fine but I left it til morning because I wanted to have coffee in the am. So I set out to make the coffee in the am and it was absolutely the worst coffee I have ever had in my life...so I left it. Came back to the hotel today and thought I'd make a tea - a safer bet I assumed. Couldn't be more wrong, ran the water through for the tea and the floaties were there again - this could certainly be why the coffee was soo horrible. Needless to say Starbucks is a short drive away. The small things you enjoy when you are away from home sometimes are the most important. Well I guess tonight I will see how long the music I am hearing in the the ajoining room will keep awake.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
ComfortWaterloo, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Please accept my sincerest apologies that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. While I am happy to hear that my front desk staff are offering high levels of service, I am disappointed to hear that you faced a number of condition related concerns with the room you occupied.

As most of your concerns were specific to the room you stayed in, please do feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with myself. It would be my pleasure to discuss your prior concerns, and personally inspect your room to ensure that you are satisfied with your next stay.

As always we appreciate your review and will certainly use these comments to help serve our guests better in the future.

Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Especailly Mark Bowland, he ensures all the needs of a customer is taken care of - an extra miler. He is funny. Great job Mark! If you ever read this review!

I would highly recommend the hotel if you want to stay close to good restaurants (angels is next door, has good menu), buse stops (if you dont have a car yet), coffee shops etc. I stayed in a business class room that had a refrigerator and a microwave, ofcourse a huge LCD TV.Local calls are free. Only downside is there is no laundry onsite. I mean its a good deal considering the convenience and customer service. I did not have any problems per se. enjoyed my stay. I have been in many hotels across the globe (yes, I travel a lot) but this is quite descent. Else I would have checked out the next day. Stayed there for 15 days in October this year.

Room Tip: choose business class if possible
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I will be sure to congratulate the guest service representative who improved your stay and thank them for a job well done.

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We won't be returning.
1. We booked two weeks prior to arriving and requested a non-smoking room with two beds (I was travelling with my daughter). Upon arrival we were offered smoking/2-beds or non-smoking/1-bed. They were fully booked with a sports team.
SO WHY COULDN'T THE HOTEL HAVE CONTACTED ME BEFORE WE ARRIVED??

2. By 9.30pm the noise in the hallway was raucous. It was a girls' hockey team, but it wasn't the girls who were the problem - it was the totally inconsiderate parents, who were partying in the hallway! They were occasionally told by residents to keep it down, but it just got worse and worse. Calls to the desk were met with "We've called the manager in, he'll be here in 20 mins". But an hour later the trolls were still going strong. A horrible night.
SO WHY COULDN'T THE HOTEL DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE NOISE??

The room? Old and a bit smelly, but comfortable and the bathroom was clean.
The staff? Need training in customer service.

Room Tip: 1. Confirm your room before you arrive. 2. If there's a sports team staying, don't.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
ComfortWaterloo, General Manager at Comfort Inn Waterloo Ontario, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
I am disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations; however I would like to thank you for communicating your concerns so that we may correct future behavior. I have reviewed your booking and it appears that your internet travel agent booked a non-smoking room with one queen sized bed but placed a request for a room with 2 double beds if available. Unfortunately we were sold out of non-smoking rooms with 2 double beds for some time prior to your booking. My apologies that we could not accommodate your request to change room types.

In relation to your concerns with the other guests creating abnormal levels of noise; Managing the differing lifestyles and expectations of our guests so that they do not negatively impact one another is certainly a major concern of the hotel and the hospitality industry in general. We strive to correct these concerns when possible, and I certainly will be reviewing our policy and procedures regarding this scenario to ensure that future guests are not impacted as you were.

Once again, my sincerest apologies regarding your stay. Should you choose to give us another opportunity to accommodate you please do contact me directly and I will personally handle your next experience.

Comfort Inn Waterloo