“Lovely staff”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Waterloo
Newmarket, Canada
“Lovely staff”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had to book a room in the middle of the night due to a family emergency. The front desk staff was so sweet and accommodating to us. After a stressful night to end up in this lovely little gem was very welcome. The room was very modern, the beds terrific. We ended up having to stay another night and experienced the same level of service. We would certainly recommend this establishment. We will return the next time we visit nearby St. Jacobs.

Room Tip: We were in a different room each night, and both were comfortable. Not large, but perfect for sleep...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Oakville, Ontario
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Okay you always want to know when the pull up to this style of hotel that the experience is not going to remind of the first cheap room you rented with a girl.
The friendly check in is quick and concise with easy access to moving your bags in through the open concept lobby. The rooms are clean and somewhat spacious but the funky stand up shower next to the toilet is a total design flaw. Overall it's reasonable which is good and for an overnight stay that's good in my books.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jp B
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel offers great location, excellent value, and superior client service. The front desk staff was great, catering to individual needs, and amenities. Breakfast at the restaurant was excellent and the hotel is located very close to many fast food spots and big box stores. I would not hesitate to stay again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Back to waterloo again for work. This time needed to at Mall so hotel opposite is Four Points.
The lobby is a wow lobby. Staff very friendly. Room was tastefully done.
overall a good stay. Probably the best location in Waterloo opp mall with lots of restaurants, cinema and some good shops even an Apple store

Room Tip: top floor for good views
3 Thank JohnQ8801PS
LeahWillsPocrnich, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Waterloo-Kitchener, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Hello JohnQ ,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby and guestrooms.

Hope to see you the next time you are in the Waterloo region.

Thanks again,
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had an excellent stay in this newly upgraded hotel! Staff was helpful, friendly, and professional! I would like to compliment Kyle! He was excellent at the Front Desk, and very friendly and helpful!

3 Thank Trevor H
Hello Trevor,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your recent stay. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated property. We are always striving to provide a great experience for our guests and I am happy to hear we were able to do that for you. I have made sure to pass your comment on to Kyle.

Thanks again,
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed there this week for the 1st time. Although an SPG Plat it was too full for upgrades. Received the basic King room I booked and the room was fine except for a single cleaning issue. Room was in good condition, well stocked, lots of towels, bed/pillows super comfortable. Staff at check-in/check-out were prompt and friendly. Seems like lots of parking. Central location just off the expressway across the street from a large shopping center with several restaurant options nearby.

I like to have dinner at the hotel and previous FP's were fine but this Bistro offering here is much more limited than I've run into (Like a Courtyard Marriott) Only soup/salads/sandwich-Panini and no meats/pasta options? Had taste & temperature issues with the Bruschetta bland & the Panini way to cold so didn't finish it . Bar is fine and a very good bartender but not a place to eat so didn't try breakfast. One annoying thing is even though you eat "at" the restaurant the bill has a compulsory 15% tip like room service? Watch out for that as I almost double tipped....rather resent being forced into a tip whether its deserving, or not.

My cleaning issue was someone obviously sat on the bed and clipped toenail's and the vacuum didn't pick them up. Seemed odd given the rest of the room was cleaned fine. Did the comment card and was promised SPG points for the hassle and to my surprise received 2500 SPG Points two days later.....but I'd have rather not picked stuff out of my sock's instead.

I gather a lot of Starwood members stay here and it fills up quick as options are limited in the area. However, I used to stay at the FP's Cambridge and decided to give Waterloo a try but the points mentioned never existed in Cambridge. Will try Waterloo again but Cambridge seems more to my liking and I've had many trouble free stays with a good restaurant and staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevators as a lot of noise can be heard from under the room door....a towe...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TM643
LeahWillsPocrnich, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Waterloo-Kitchener, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Hello T M

Thank you for sharing your recent experience while staying with us. Feedback is such a valuable tool for us as it allows us to improve and grow.

We do always try to give upgrades to our platinum guests when we are able, unfortunately depending on availability we are not always able to honour this request.

I have taken your feedback regarding your experience at our restaurant as passed it along to our Food & Beverage Manager. He will be reviewing both the menu and the automatic gratuity to ensure that we are offering our guests the best experience possible while dining with us.

I am sorry to hear about your housekeeping problem. This is not the standard and I was surprised to hear this when I received your comment card upon your departure. We have worked with the housekeeping department and reviewed this situation so it will not happen in the future.

I am glad to hear that you are looking to stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly prior to your arrival so I can make sure your next stay exceeds your expectations.

Leah Wills Pocrnich
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2014

After years of using this hotel for business bookings, our most recent experience was nothing less than the rudest service we have ever received. We will definitely be looking for different accommodations from this time forward.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sharon P
LeahWillsPocrnich, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Waterloo-Kitchener, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hello Sharon P.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience working with our hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you had some issues in your recent communications with us. I would value the opportunity to speak with you regarding the issues you encountered so that I can resolve them to your satisfaction & hopefully get the opportunity to host you or your colleagues again.

Please feel free to contact me directly at leah@fourpointswaterloo.com or by calling the hotel directly.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Leah Wills Pocrnich