“Great food and friendly service”
Review of Thrive Juice Bar

Thrive Juice Bar
Ranked #141 of 388 Restaurants in Waterloo
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We've been looking for good vegan and vegetarian food in the K-W-Cambridge area for some time. We found Thrive recently, and were really pleased with the experience.

Thrive isn't a fancy place, it's a juice bar. Having said that, they have a hip atmosphere that reminded me of Paris (France!) or San Diego. The folks behind the counter were friendly and helpful, and when the food arrived we were really happy.

We had cups of citrus-ginger tea, which I have to recommend. Great flavour and nicely warming on a cool, rainy day. I ordered the Quinoa Pad Thai, and received a big bowl of quinoa with a wonderful pad-thai sauce, sprouts, slivered Asian radish, and some other ingredients I couldn't immediately identify. The flavours were great, and the serving size was almost more than I could eat. My wife ordered a fantastic sandwich, laden with sprouts and lots of vegan goodness, on toaster whole grain great. She was very happy with her choice as well.

It's a bit more expensive than some of the competing, non-vegan places, but the freshness of the food and the quality and taste are definitely worth it.

Highly recommend!

1  Thank DougNix

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My sister and I ordered take out…and our meal was fantastic!
We ordered the Big Green Juice, Lil Red juice and the Big Green Sandwich.
Just a heads up you may have to wait a bit, however, it's worth the wait! It's not FAST food it's FRESH food.
Looking forward to the next time.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have attended this restaurant too many times to cite one specific occurrence.
I constantly take friends here, and always order the exact same thing, and share it between us.

I have never tried the juices, and its a shame because i'm sure they are delicious, I just love the cold water they have for you to enjoy (I've seen it flavored with cucumbers or lemons, maybe other stuff)

My two items are: thai wrap and grilled portobelo, tempeh and spinach sandwich.
They are made right in front of you, if you get a good seat. The flavours combined in both sandwiches is absolutley legendary. When I think about either sandwich it brings that delicious taste back to my mouth.

thai wrap is crunchy warm and has subtle flavors of tahini I find, but the taste profile is something that cannot be described.
The portobelo sandwich is just the same, quite a unique delicious flavor.

I recommend you pick your time to go wisely as this place is small with very limited seating, and I feel this could contribute to negative reviews. When I go I always feel nicely accommodated.

Also take note that they have fairly small hours.

I always tend to bug the staff, and talk to them, and they are all punctual and friendly. A few of the employees may not look friendly to the average customer, but they are.

Soo thankful this place exists. A very neat experience to eat such delicious food that is vegan.

5/5

Reviewed 8 March 2014

On my first and only visit to thrive I first thought it was a very cool place. After ordering two drinks we waited over 20 minutes to receive our order and only received the drinks after following up on our order twice. When we finally received the drinks one of them contained nuts (which my husband is allergic to). There was no indication on the menu that any of the power smoothies contained nuts? Also, during my time there I witnessed that none of the employees wore gloves to prepare foods or drinks and in the 20 plus minutes no one washed their hands even though they were handling money or dirty dishes. It's dirty and service is slow. Would not recommend going here.

1  Thank LeicesterPicadilly
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I had the pad thai and tried the green curry bowl as well as the big orange smoothie. All were really really good. The pad thai wasn't warm like I expected but it was very fresh and pretty good! I got it with rice noodles but I think i would like to try the kelp noodles in it. The green curry was the best of the three, very filling and great spice to it. The orange smoothie was a typical smoothie but again very fresh!
Great value, and a really cute atmosphere, the customer service was really great as well.
I will be going back for sure!