“Great ambiance, food, wait staff!”
Review of The Bauer Kitchen

The Bauer Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bauer Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 388 Restaurants in Waterloo
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Allen St.
Transit: On the main 7 line heading to Conestoga Mall.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were referred to this restaurant by someone we did not know well, but thought it looked nice, so decided to chance it. We were not disappointed!
The ambiance was wonderful, as was the service. Loved the food as well!
Very much enjoyed our appetizer, Hoisin Sauce Chicken Tacos - my favourite!
Ribs were good, not overly special.
Beef was good: I liked it, my daughter loved it!
Would come back!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I went out for lunch with friend at the Bauer Kitchener on a Sunday. I liked reviewing the menu online in advance, though it was not clear what Sunday Brunch meant. Turns out you can order off the breakfast or lunch menu. I ordered the TBK omelette and it was really good. Considering the price, I was a bit surprised it did not come with toast or home fries, just a small amount of fresh fruit. The restaurant is nicely done, the service was excellent and there was a friendly atmosphere. Very rustic looking. We shared a dessert plate for 2, which had half servings of their 4 main desserts; they were OK. I would definitely go back, but next time, I would save my $15 from dessert and make something luscious to eat at home afterwards! There was a nice patio area. Note, you have to know where this place is in advance, because it is not obvious from the road. You have to park and walk through to a courtyard of the condo buildings to find the entrance.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I'm a bit baffled by some of the rave reviews that this place gets on trip advisor. The decor and ambiance is very nice but, like other charcoal group restaurants, the food doesn't live up to the shiny exterior. My first time experience was the pork and gnocchi dish which can only be described as bland. I've tried a couple other times with no better luck. You're much better off grabbing a veal sandwich next door at Vincenzo's; now that's good value.

charcoalgroup, Guest Relations Manager at The Bauer Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you very much, spltr, for taking the time to provide us with your invaluable feedback regarding your most recent visit to our restaurant. I must express my deepest regrets for having fallen short of the experience I know we are capable of providing. As the Service Manager, I am responsible for ensuring that our guests are provided the best experience at all times, and I can't tell you how sorry I am that I was not capable of doing so in your particular instance. Please know that your feedback has not been taken lightly, and I have investigated further into our shortcomings to ensure that they do not occur again.

As a token of both my sincere apologies, and overwhelming gratitude for your time and feedback I would like to send you a small gift. If you would provide me with your mailing address, to kaubertin@charcoalgroup.ca, I can have it in the mail as soon as possible. This will be a gift that can be used at any of the restaurants in the Charcoal Group. I completely understand should you decide to use it elsewhere. However, if you do give us the opportunity to leave a more favourable impression, please feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure that we set you up with a reservation and take excellent care of you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Ken Aubertin

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Went to this restaurant with my daughter for my birthday dinner. We shared the charcuterie tray and salad, with some wine. The food was outstanding. Delicious flavours and large servings. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was comfortable and perfect for a lovely chat. Well worth a visit, I would return again for sure.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very attentive service. Server was appropriately attentive. Very good beverage service, exceptionally quick meal service. Meal was excellent, very, very tasty. Yeah, up to Charcoal standards!!!