“Quaint & Lovely” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 361 Restaurants in Waterloo
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Canadian, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Timeless Cafe & Bakery is located in the original hen-house of a century old farm homestead in North Waterloo. Our Cafe is a hidden gem, surrounded by high-tech and other diversified businesses, and adjacent neighbourhoods. This beautiful old structure has been creatively restored by the Cafe owners, Jim & Lesley Brickman. The interior finishes and fixtures are designed to showcase the practical uses of reclaimed materials and architecturalStore Imagetreasures found next door at The Timeless Materials Co. The result is an original eating destination, in a warm and friendly atmosphere. At Timeless Cafe & Bakery we pride ourselves in sourcing the finest fresh, local ingredients available, as the changing seasons allow us throughout the year. Our fresh baked breads, pastries and healthy inspired offerings are all made from scratch. Our menu selections change daily, on the whim of our creative & exceptional chefs'. Since our quiet opening in mid-August 2012, we are fortunate to have been promoted by way of the most sincerest of compliments, word of mouth. We hope your visit will be a unique eating experience that will keep you coming back with friends, family and associates.
Bobcaygeon, Canada
“Quaint & Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Myself & 3 girlfriends met there for Lunch last Wednesday. The Cafe was lovingly restored. We had a really nice lunch and we got there early which is a good idea because by the time noon rolled around it was full; so make reservations!
The wait staff are pleasant and willing to please!

• Visited December 2013

Fergus
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth stopping in!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

It is personal preference, however, I was not overly impressed with the Tomato Soup, for me, it is similar to my pasta sauce, which I do like with fresh pasta, not on its own.
My husband actually ordered the cup of tomato soup with a panini and I ordered the Root Vegetable Soup in a bowl, however the order was mixed up. We did not say anything as the place was full. I tasted the Root Vegetable - it was good - similar to my recipe. I am a home cook and have catered over the years, so I like trying various interesting cafes, etc. I liked the fact it was in an old "hen house" and how it has been restored, which was neat and clean. The baked goods for me were a little expensive. There are excellent places to get butter tarts that are every bit as good, and not as pricey. Good for a "girls lunch" out, as the menu does not offer too many selections. OK, but would I rush to go back, probably not..

• Visited December 2013
Harriston, Canada
“Welcoming and quaint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

A little hidden gem away from the busy city and fits in perfectly with the charm of rural KW/St.Jacob's countryside.
The County tomato soup is excellent and something I have never tasted before. Very thick, rustic tomato soup(reminiscent of a chunky tomato sauce) with asiago cheese croutons. Thoroughly enjoyed! Lemon cranberry scone and bird's food cookie were fresh, tasty and big in size.
Definitely recommended!

• Visited November 2013
Morriston, Canada
“Nice experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

A unique location -- a re-purposed, restored barn on an old farm near RIM Park. Nice rustic decor. Friendly attentive staff, tasty baked goods and delicious coffee.

• Visited November 2013
Dromore, United Kingdom
“Extremely Pleasant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

I really loved this place. Homely atmosphere. Genuine rustic interior. Beautiful food prepared / baked fresh. Friendly helpful staff. I was feeling adventurous and tried the 'sweet pea scallion pancakes with mornay sauce and two poached eggs'. It was delicious. The location is difficult to find if you're not from the neighbourhood. Their billing system is a little primitive and would need bringing in to the 21st century. Nonetheless an enjoyable experience.

• Visited September 2013