“Maybe the cook needs a new book.”
Review of Angie's Kitchen

Angie's Kitchen
Ranked #220 of 372 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Oakville, Canada
“Maybe the cook needs a new book.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family ate there for breakfast and the service was great. Our waiter was friendly, attentive and accurate. The food, however, was just average and/or poor, and I didn't even eat some of it. Everyone left something on their plate, and not because they were too stuffed to eat it. The eggs looked normal, but tasted a bit off, and the home fried potatoes had dark spots through them. Also, my bread was only barely toasted, just warmed enough to soak up the butter that was on it and make it floppy. Okay, so I'm a bit picky with my toast. A little crunch, please. Homemade jam was lovely and not too sweet. Just right. My cinnamon bun tasted amazing, but it looked different and tasted better than the others' at my table who also ordered one. That was weird, and awkward to order the same thing as someone else, but get the better one. Got our own carafe of coffee (generous), but the taste was not full-bodied and rich, just average. The patio tables were clean, comfortable, and nicely laid out, and the view was nice. Just remember, your food gets cold faster when you eat outside, even on a hot day. The patio has a nice breeze, but not so much that things blow around. Actually, the location in the town is great. I just remember the food tasting much better when I was there last time about a year ago.

• Visited June 2014

Saskatoon, Canada
“Sometimes Old Favourites Lose It!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Angie's is a Waterloo institution and is a long-time hang out sport for community leaders. Often times, these old style places have really special meals or quaint traditions that make it worth coming back. Here, the breakfasts are pretty basic and the food just okay. The last two times I visited, they were seriously short-staffed. It looks and feels tired, and not in the good way of an old-time favourite.

• Visited June 2014
Waterloo, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst restasurant ever”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Horrible server that talk way too much about herself.
I do not need to know your life story. The food was horrible.
The sausage looks like it had been fried for more than 10 times.
The home fries has a weird smell and we found mold on our white toast.

My husband had a steak and egg, the steak look green.
Would never go there again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Soft C
Kitchener, Canada
“Terrible Service/Mgmt. Potential for Decent Food, but Failed.”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The menu looked good and a table near us seemed very happy with their meals so I was optimistic.

Service: The waitress was very bubbly and chatty, which is great, but it got to be over-the-top after about 2 minutes of over-hearing her conversations with surrounding tables. She went on and on about being the owner or manager and baking cinnamon buns all morning but also being a fitness instructor. She made WAY too many jokes about herself and her jobs, she REPEATED the same lines over and over, she didn't know when to stop talking and leave. She kept offering the same customers a cinnamon bun but not everyone wanted on. She got all "sales-y" and harassed tables some more to try her cinnamon buns. Her icebreaker at every table was her life story so we all heard the same story five times in 10 minutes. Annoying. I couldn't believe how loud and aggressive she was being, but it was a situation where you can't really get mad because she resembled a cheerleader and you can't hate people for smiling too much, can you?
To conclude, the service was terrible and overwhelming. People want to have good conversation and enjoy their meals. Go away. Unless you plan on bringing us menus or taking our order. That would be nice.

Food: The water glasses were dirty. I can understand they've been used a lot over time, but this was just blatantly dirty. (also, no ice or lemon or straws). I was hesitant to put my mouth on the water glass but I was incredibly thirsty so I dealt with it. The food came quickly after ordering (which was not so quick), and yet it was cold. I ordered the eggs benedict. The hollandaise sauce concealed the very large pieces of egg shell in my eggs. I can understand a small chip making it's way into one person's breakfast when you make so many in a day. But these were very large pieces (about the size of a nickel).

Won't be going there ever again.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank cmeadow77
Toronto, Canada
“All you can eat fish and chips”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband and i went to Angie's with a 'buy one get one free' coupon. We ordered the all you can eat fish and chips on Friday for lunch. We arrived after the rush, around 1:00.. we were maybe the only couple in the restaurant beside another table or two. We got 2 pieces of fish and then had to practically beg for more..kind of embarrassing. It's not like they were too busy to serve us. I guess they just didn't actually want to give us all that we could eat. I dont' think we'll be rushing back. It's a shame. Cute little location.

• Visited October 2013