“Our Favourite Restaurant in KW even after 9 years”
Review of Lotus Tea House

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Waterloo, Ontario
“Our Favourite Restaurant in KW even after 9 years”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

If you are visiting the area or live there and haven't yet tried it, this place is a lovely one-of-a-kind spot. The food is unique, vegan and delicious. Their selection of teas are unparalleled. The Mandarin and Fruit teas are made with actual fresh fruit!!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Samantha H

Kitchener, Canada
“Lotus Tea House is lovely quaint place with great food.”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

In 2013 I decided to eat in the vegetarian way.

I realized that there were lots of vegetarian restaurants in the Kitchener Waterloo area. I started off with the Lotus. It was a very good choice.

The Decor was simple and tasteful. We were greeted in a very friendly way. The very tasty healthy food that I experienced was a great introduction into eating out as a vegetarian. The dish that really stood out was the sticky rice, baked in a Lotus leaf. It had so much flavor.

The atmosphere was very peaceful.

I have moved from coffee to tea. Their specialty tea was just wonderful.

I'm looking forward to visiting the Lotus Tea House again.

1 Thank BobDyck
Toronto
“Try it!”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Today I took my friend for lunch to celebrate her birthday. The atmosphere is relaxing and has a quiet calm. The tables are close together, but you cannot hear one word from the next tables which makes for a very personal experience. The food is good and portions are large. They actually have nice cutlery and adorable little glass teapots. Everything was well presented and the staff very nice. Try it, you'll like it.

• Visited November 2012
Waterloo, Canada
“Covenient”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Last week we visited for the first time. The atmosphere was quiet and the dining room not ornate in style, but in keeping with the Buddhist style, which made you feel somewhere else. The food was vegetarian and ample. The staff was pleasant.

Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Nice place to have lunch in Waterloo”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I'm not a vegetarian, and I normally want some meat with my meals. This place is all vegetarian, so I was a bit hesitant. But one of our group members is vegetarian, so I thought why not. The food was really tasty, it came with a soup, some bean sprouts as side dish and the actual meal. The meal is a bit pricey (but normal for Waterloo standards), I ordered the Golden Soy Nuggets, it was delicious! Service is a bit slow though friendly. And it's in a house, so have to ring door bell to get in? The tea was pretty good, although tea quality I think I can get better in Toronto. All in all, it was a neat quaint little place and I might go again if I ever Waterloo again.

• Visited April 2012