“New menu not nearly as good”
Review of Lotus Tea House

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Waterloo, Canada
“New menu not nearly as good”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My family and I have always loved Lotus Tea House but we went there today and were not very impressed. They have a new menu and have removed all of our favourite dishes from it. They have cut out the soup and bean sprouts which used to come with the entrees. They don't have spring rolls anymore either as an appetizer or accompanying your meal for an extra charge as they used to. Also the new entrees aren't as much food as they used to be and look more like an appetizer size instead of a meal. I always used to leave there feeling full but not today.
They have raised the prices of desserts and removed the one I liked the best (honey crisp twists) which is not that big of a deal because I rarely used to get dessert because I used to always be too full.
My favourite entree was the stir-fry with the tofu, cranberries and cashews and it is no longer on the menu.

They no longer have any appetizers on the menu at all. We could tell that others around us were not happy with the changes either and overheard one of the staff saying that they are still making further changes and may add some appetizers onto the menu again but sounds like maybe they will be new ones and not the old favourites.

One thing that hasn't changed is the tea selection and the quality of the teas so that is one positive. If I ever go back here again it will likely only be for the tea.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank ConnieA867

Waterloo, Ontario
“Terrific Tea”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I find the atmosphere relaxing. The meals are made with love, and the Teas are fantastic! Great service and food. Good value for your money!

Visited February 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
“Our Favourite Restaurant in KW even after 9 years”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

If you are visiting the area or live there and haven't yet tried it, this place is a lovely one-of-a-kind spot. The food is unique, vegan and delicious. Their selection of teas are unparalleled. The Mandarin and Fruit teas are made with actual fresh fruit!!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Samantha H
Kitchener, Canada
“Lotus Tea House is lovely quaint place with great food.”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

In 2013 I decided to eat in the vegetarian way.

I realized that there were lots of vegetarian restaurants in the Kitchener Waterloo area. I started off with the Lotus. It was a very good choice.

The Decor was simple and tasteful. We were greeted in a very friendly way. The very tasty healthy food that I experienced was a great introduction into eating out as a vegetarian. The dish that really stood out was the sticky rice, baked in a Lotus leaf. It had so much flavor.

The atmosphere was very peaceful.

I have moved from coffee to tea. Their specialty tea was just wonderful.

I'm looking forward to visiting the Lotus Tea House again.

1 Thank BobDyck
Toronto
“Try it!”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Today I took my friend for lunch to celebrate her birthday. The atmosphere is relaxing and has a quiet calm. The tables are close together, but you cannot hear one word from the next tables which makes for a very personal experience. The food is good and portions are large. They actually have nice cutlery and adorable little glass teapots. Everything was well presented and the staff very nice. Try it, you'll like it.

• Visited November 2012