“Lovely lunch experience”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Our first visit to the Lotus Tea House. Stopped by for lunch. Nice atmosphere - a charming old home. Pleasant decor. Lovely staff. Great service. Wonderful rich, dessert-like almond tea, served in a lovely glass teapot. The R2 tofu meal was delicious. The vegetarian patties tasted quite 'meaty', very nice. A very reasonable price. Only minor criticism, would be that the house was cool, but it was an unseasonably cold autumn afternoon. Also they only take Visa or Debit, not Mastercard but if it keeps the prices down, than that's fine. We look forward to a return visit in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Lotus Tea House

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I used to regularly frequent this vegetarian restaurant but now the menu has changed and it is a disappointment. The restaurant has removed all my favourite appetizers, namely sticky rice and spring rolls. My only reason for eating at this establishment. The service was not consistent and sometimes there were waits of up to 15 minutes to be served. My days of eating at this once vegetarian delight restaurant are over!

2  Thank Myra_11
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My family and I have always loved Lotus Tea House but we went there today and were not very impressed. They have a new menu and have removed all of our favourite dishes from it. They have cut out the soup and bean sprouts which used to come with the entrees. They don't have spring rolls anymore either as an appetizer or accompanying your meal for an extra charge as they used to. Also the new entrees aren't as much food as they used to be and look more like an appetizer size instead of a meal. I always used to leave there feeling full but not today.
They have raised the prices of desserts and removed the one I liked the best (honey crisp twists) which is not that big of a deal because I rarely used to get dessert because I used to always be too full.
My favourite entree was the stir-fry with the tofu, cranberries and cashews and it is no longer on the menu.

They no longer have any appetizers on the menu at all. We could tell that others around us were not happy with the changes either and overheard one of the staff saying that they are still making further changes and may add some appetizers onto the menu again but sounds like maybe they will be new ones and not the old favourites.

One thing that hasn't changed is the tea selection and the quality of the teas so that is one positive. If I ever go back here again it will likely only be for the tea.

2  Thank ConnieA867
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I find the atmosphere relaxing. The meals are made with love, and the Teas are fantastic! Great service and food. Good value for your money!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

If you are visiting the area or live there and haven't yet tried it, this place is a lovely one-of-a-kind spot. The food is unique, vegan and delicious. Their selection of teas are unparalleled. The Mandarin and Fruit teas are made with actual fresh fruit!!!

1  Thank Samantha H