“Poor service is an understatement...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Williams Fresh Cafe
Ranked #11 of 13 Coffee & Tea in Waterloo
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Apparently I am not the only one with issues in regards to the service here. This Williams is close to my house and honestly I am not too keen on the fact that students take up tables for HOURS. So I understand why people are asked to leave. You can't just sit there and take up space when someone is running a business. Students seem to be under the impression that the world revolves around them.

Anyway in regards to the service, the people at the counter are NASTY. No smiles, they throw your change at you, they are extremely curt... Don't bother asking what they recommend because you will be greeted with a blank guppy stare. For the price this place is not really worth it but it is al-right if you ever manage to find a time when it's not crawling with self-important university students. My recommendation: go elsewhere.

There are newer reviews for Williams Fresh Cafe

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I usually do not bother writing comments about a restaurant service, however, the treatment I received by one of the managers in this location (Waterloo Plaza) is unacceptable in many ways.
First of all, I have never had such a service; to ask to leave the restaurant is out of this world. And I am talking for experience because I worked in the industry for many years, and I have traveled around 52 countries and have never felt the way this employee made me feel yesterday (April 2nd, 2014). On top of that, it is ashamed that this happen at home, in my own country.
This is why I am taking the time to write this comment. This could not be accepted at all, and it needs to be changed. The employee (which I wish I knew his name) was wearing a white shirt, a difference from the rest of the staff, which makes me think that he was a supervisor; which makes his actions even worse.
The bottom line is that no one, for any reason, should be asked to live the restaurant to accommodate other guests or make someone unwelcome in the restaurant industry.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I like to stay there for hours and finish my work
I like the waffle breakfast and OMG the salmon rice box and tuna melt and tuna wasabi these are my fav

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I made an account to write this review.

This evening my girlfriend decided to treat the two of us to some cake following her evening class. We went to Williams and decided on what we wanted. I opted for the lemon meringue pie, but noticed one of the pieces available had the crust broken off with a piece missing, and was spilling out. She specifically (but politely) asked not to be served that piece, and received attitude from the server who took her order.

We chose to ignore that, and patiently waited for our food to arrive at our table. When it did, the piece of lemon meringue pie was in fact the piece my girlfriend had specifically asked not to receive, only it was in significantly worse shape than it was when on display. As before, the crust was broken, a piece missing, only now there was a mysterious chunk of crust embedded in the meringue and lemon curd. On top of the that, the meringue had been allowed to completely slide off the lemon curd, and the lemon curd had pooled all around the crust. It was a presentation nightmare, so I asked for a new piece. The server (this time a different guy) accepted the piece back but looked a little baffled. About a minute later he walked up to me holding the same piece saying "they're all going to turn out like that, sorry." The first server came with him to add that "she did her best," in response to the girl who had cut the pie.

Sorry, but when the piece of pie we paid for looks like a mess, and you specifically ignore our minor request to not be served the messy piece, give us attitude, then mess it up even more, and basically tell us tough, and have to gather a posse to do so, then you're completely out of line and completely disrespectful. We were very polite about this, yet we were treated with attitude and made to feel unwelcome.

I'll never buy from this place again.

1  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed 17 May 2013

its very busy and filled with students. washrooms are clean. i feel its a little pricey or i'm just cheap. its a nice place to go catch up with a friend.