“strike”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Trenton
St. Albert, Canada
“strike”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Apart from the half strike (as they called it) this was a very nice place to stay The management were accommodating as well as the staff that were working. The place was very clean and tidy the continental breakfast was basically all one needed to start the day. Staff were friendly courteous and accommodating. Did the strike faze me not one bit in fact I would say all there ignored them and carried on

Room Tip: the rooms were quiet mostly those away from the 401
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Ryan G, General Manager at Ramada Trenton, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for your kind comment. We are doing our best to ensure our guests are inconvenienced as little as possible by the strike while we do everything in our power to end it.

Ramada Trenton Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Mississauga
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The hotel itself is rather nice. The rooms are clean, can't complain.

BUT, the hotel is currently on strike and hotel guests are not notified until they pull into the driveway of the hotel and are held there for a few minutes so the guests can be told why the employees are striking. On the way out, they hold cars for upwards of 10 minutes, if a guest gets upset, even longer. Complimentary breakfast is served to ease the stress of the strike which is quite nice - the restaurant wasn't open while we were there.

Should also mention that the "pay-per view" that is advertised on the website AND in the hotel suites is no longer in operation.

It's a nice hotel, the employees are very friendly and willing to do anything they can to help, but I wouldn't recommend staying during the strike. With the restaurant closed and outside restaurants refusing to deliver food because of the hold up at the entrance and exit, it's not worth the stress.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Crystle L
Ryan G, General Manager at Ramada Trenton, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
I am sorry for the issues you faced upon arrival, we are doing everything within our power to put a swift end to this strike. The restaurant is currently open for free breakfast every day and the lounge is open for dinner and drinks from Monday to Thursday. If you would like to discuss your concerns any further, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Goderich, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We booked our room in advance but were not told that the pool would be closed for renovations. We arrived to find striking hotel workers and a picket line. They had been on strike for several days but the hotel had not notified us. The striking workers were polite and although they did make us wait on entering and exiting, we had no problems with them. The hotel desk staff was polite, friendly and very helpful by providing a map of the town and suggestions for restaurants. Our room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shari L
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay, while we are doing our best to inform all guests of the current labour situation, occasionally we are unable to get in contact with all guests. I am very happy you did enjoy your stay once we got here and I would welcome any further feedback you would care to share with me regarding what you would like to see upon your return. I can be reached at (613) 394-4855 x 401.

Pembroke, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have stayed here many times because it's convenient to my work and fairly low cost. However, despite ongoing renovations, it's still an old facility that needs a lot more upgrading to make it a nice place.

And the last couple of times I stayed there I could smell what I think is mould in the room and corridor, and overpowering foul smelling cooking? (I think) in the stairwell - smelled like strong curry?

It's not a particularly clean place either, but partly perhaps due to ongoing renovations. If you're stuck in Trenton and need a cheap place for a night, go for it, but otherwise I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TimMiddleton
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have just about finished all of our renovations, only a few minor touch ups remain. I am sorry you did not find the cleanliness to your satisfaction but I would be curious to talk with you about your concerns. Please feel free to reach out to me at (613) 394-4855 x 401.

Ramada Trenton Hotel

Travellers are raving about these Trenton hotels

Toronto
Reviewed 14 October 2013

First of all dont be afraid that the rooms are filthy or unorganize... I personally reserved 3 rooms for our relatives... check in around 6pm Oct.12 people are outside doing their strike understandble they will try to scare you that rooms are dirty no housekeeping no restaurant etc etc. I get the point but if you're tired and children excited to go swimming you'll have less option. I went down spoke to the front desk gave me the 3 room keys which by the way very close to one another that I requested... 2/3 everything is perfect we even check the towels for any sign of dirty and smelled it everything is fresh... but 1 room towels are scattered in the washroom... went to front desk told the lady she instantly gave me another room key across our rooms and it was fine... Im not bothered of the on-site restaurant since McDonalds and Tim Hortons are 3 mins walk away... and yes, those striker will stop u 3 mins going in and 10 mins going out but dont worry there is a secret passage at the back. lol!
anyway this is the important piece of my review whoever clean our room upon check out was totally honest... my daughter forgot her ipad we realized it when we got home last night (oct.13) around 11pm called the reception but Kris said it'll be the housekeeping people that knows about it unfortunately i need to leave a message... make the story short... im on my way to drive 1 hr and 30 mins away to pick it up they called me and its there now. Thank you!!!
But also Thank you Apple App for the Find my iPad app...
Ramada in Trenton definetely a place that we're going back to...

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your kind review, we look forward to welcoming you back. We are doing everything we can to make our guests as comfortable as possible once they are inside and it is wonderful to see it is being appreciated. Again, thank you.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I won't stay in a Ramada again after my experience at this one. To start with it didn't feel particularly clean - there were signs up around the place about labor difficulties. On trying to leave on checking out, a load of striking workers were barricading the exit, preventing customers from exiting the parking lot, despite the traffic signals controlling the traffic. They were holding every car for 10 minutes - how this helps their cause is beyond me - customers are not responsible for whatever their gripes are about! Crazy strikers were literally jumping in front of cars that drove around them. Disgusting that Ramada are allowing their staff to do this - and that the working staff seem nonplussed by this. Oh, and the spa was closed. Awful company.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by the associates on strike, they are exercising their legal right to strike and we cannot control their actions. We are doing everything within our power to bring a swift end to this labour disruption.

ontario
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My wife & I recently stayed at this hotel for a wedding we had attended. WE had stayed at the hotel many years prior; but it was evident that it had been updated from our prior stay. We found the facility to be very clean...with friendly staff. Breakfast at the restaurant was good. There was a pool; although we di not have an opportunity to use it. It was reasonably priced and good value for the money spent.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Ryan G, General Manager at Ramada Trenton, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
I'm thrilled to hear you appreciate the improvements we have made. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Ryan Gibbs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trenton
Comfort Inn Trenton
#5 of 7 in Trenton
Comfort Inn Belleville
Comfort Inn Belleville
#5 of 7 in Belleville

Been to Ramada Trenton? Share your experiences!