“Stay was OK...Not the best”
Review of Ramada Trenton

Ramada Trenton
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Trenton
Shelburne, Canada
“Stay was OK...Not the best”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Checked into the Ramada Trenton for a 2 night stay for a ball hockey tournament. They advertise the best continental breakfast...they did not deliver. There was not enough food for the whole weekend and the waffle machine was absent on the second day, kids were sad about that. We only had 2 towels per bathroom with 3 guests in the room. Most of the time there were no towels at the pool. I was concerned about the water condition of the hot tub, pool safety equipment and the lack of an outside door in the pool area. There were 2 doors that lead into the hotel only. Perhaps they should up their game when hosting teams, they seemed overwhelmed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ryan G, General Manager at Ramada Trenton, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your comments Sundog73. I am sorry you did not find the continental breakfast to your liking; I do believe ours is the best continental breakfast in the area with up to 10 choices plus coffee, tea and juice. I do apologize for the waffle machine being down on the second day. I am sorry that there were only two towels in your room; it is our policy to put one in the room for each guest. I can assure you the hot tub and all of our safety equipment in the pool area is completely up to standard and in several cases it exceeds the requirements. If you would like to discuss your stay further; please feel free to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Ramada Trenton Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Trenton
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stopped in late and the service was good. We were checked out by the next morning. The free breakfast was well laid out and the service was very good as the waitress helpfully got a tray to carry my stuff to the room. Nothing fancy but clean.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Ryan G, General Manager at Ramada Trenton, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am happy to hear everything met your expectations. I you would be so kind, I would love to speak with you about what changes you would like to see that would merit a 4 or 5 star review, I can be reached at 613-394-4855 x 401.

canada
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Got key and entered room to find two people in it. They said they had just checked in. Returned to reception and I suggested we had been given 'key' to wrong room. Receptionist said that she would not do that. I then commented that the two people might have broken in. That went over her head. Mistakes happen....but denial to the obvious is not good customer service.

Large room, coffee/tea facility. Continental breakfast good....made my first waffle. I would stay again...provided I were to get my own room (!!).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ryan G, General Manager at Ramada Trenton, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hi MikeCooper and thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the error on check-in, and further for the lack of ownership taken for the issue. I will certainly raise it with the front desk team. I hope you enjoyed your first waffle and we look forward to seeing you again and I promise you will have your own room!

Belleville, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is always pleasant. The front desk clerks are always friendly, helpful and courteous. It has just been recently renovated and you can tell. It is always clean and the pool is great for tiring out the little ones. Our company has been using this hotel for many many years both for hotel rooms and for conference rooms. We are looking forward to many more years utilizing your services. Thank you for always doing your very best.

Room Tip: Make sure to check out the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ryan G, General Manager at Ramada Trenton, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you Catrina, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back. I will also share your positive comments with the team.

Tichborne
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel for a convention. The staff was very friendly and attentive.
The room could definitely use a bit of a makeover (replace broken hook on back of bathroom door) but overall it suited our needs just fine.

The big surprise was the restaurant. The food was fabulous and cooked to perfection. The menu was not extensive but what they had they did well. There was 5 in our group and everyone really enjoyed their meals.

The only negative is there is only 2 carts for the entire hotel which just isn't enough, I carried 7 loads out because none were available, even though I went at 4:00 in the morning to get one but I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for sharing your comments Bighead2. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the restaurant team. I will also be checking for damaged hooks to ensure this is repairs upon your return. We look forward to having you again.

Ryan Gibbs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trenton
Comfort Inn Trenton
#5 of 7 in Trenton
Comfort Inn Belleville
Comfort Inn Belleville
#5 of 7 in Belleville

Been to Ramada Trenton? Share your experiences!