“Family visit”

Ramada Trenton
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Trenton
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Rented 2 rooms for my sons wedding. Room 317 & room 312. When I first checked in on Fri afternoon room 317 had a dirty bowl and knife sitting outside the door.when I checked out on Sun it was still there! I actually slept myself in 312 which is a loft suite. The bathtub mat is coming off and there is black mold and goo uner the corners. The bathroom floor is dirty. The upstairs bedroom is worse the carpet is full of hair and i bent down to pick up something I dropped, under the bed was filthy with garbage from past guests and even more hair! The bathroom had no shampoo or conditioner upon check in. I went down to the front desk to ask for some, they said isn't there some in the dispenser! When i told them there was no dispenser they told me they were out sorry! I have never stayed at a hotel that had no shampoo and conditioner. I would not recommend this hotel. And by the way the breakfast was no treat either!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank willbaillargeon1231
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We reserved a room with queen bed, we were sleeping on a double...
The room was not completely cleaned. As we arrived at the door, there's a used room service tray with leftover food placed right beside the room door. Inside the room, there was a cup of something (smelled like beer) sitting on the desk. Also, there were used newspapers with half of the sudoku played lying on the corner of the bed.

When we went to the front desk to inform them our findings, the receptionist kind of doubted me and said it showed in the system that the room is new and not used... And she also said she will have someone come over to have a look. No one ever came nor and follow-up.

Washroom needs some maintenance work for sure, the tile grouts are white out (painted on with paint only. The towel hanging bar is starting to rust as well. The floor feels sticky in the washroom. Also, there's hair on the soap dish...pretty disgusting.

Nonetheless, the keycard did not work by the second time we tried to use it. I had to run back up to reception to have the card fixed while my 8 months old got to wait at the door in her wet swimming suit from the pool. Not to mention, the pool had large hair balls floating in it, not to mention the greenish hot tub; not sure if that is normal.

Last but not least, we found 2 pubic hair in our bed; and, no, for sure those are not our hair. It is pretty disgusting how well they clean their rooms.

The next morning, the food tray was still there when we left. I bet no one has even pass by our room.

Would I come back again? A solid no!!!

1  Thank Josef L
Reviewed 31 July 2014

1  Thank LuluOttawa60
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the Ramada in Trenton last week end . We were attending the Empire Rock Fest in Belleville and was a short drive to Venue.
Typical room, continental breakfast ,clean room , although bathroom is configured really weird and super tiny & the AC is really loud. But the piece de resistance is the view of this fighter jet from our room ..book an even numbered room to have this view. I'm suprised the management does not include this in the pictures on Trip Advisor. YOU CAN SEE IT FROM THE HIGHWAY..lol.
I never use the pools in these hotels but we had time to spare . Really nice, big pool but the whirpool can be bigger 6 adults in there was a challenge lots of big windows, really bright . There are GARAGE style doors in the pool area if those would roll up during the summer or weather permitting months it would be a beautiful outdoor area. Great week end spent with no kids and great friends not much to complain about . We would have liked to have some restaurant suggestions in the lobby .Staff super friendly and helpful and they smile ..always a bonus.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed here one night while on my way back to Ottawa. The location is excellent for a quick off, quick on to the 401. Upon entering the hotel, we were greeted by very friendly hotel staff. Check in was quick. We went to our room only to find that the bed was a queen size. Unfortunately my wife and I are both sprawlers in bed. We made a call to the front desk to see if they had a room with a king or two doubles. The front desk said no problem and we were given a room with two double beds.

The room was very clean and well appointed. The beds and bedding were of good quality and comfortable. The room seems to have under gone updating in the last few years so it looks very nice. The bathroom was very clean with quality towels.

We had the free breakfast in the morning. There was some choice though it might have been nice to have a better selection of cereal as the only choice to have was Fruit Loops or All Bran. The waffles were very good. Bananas would have also been nice to have.

The wi-fi was fast and stable. We did not use the pool but it certainly looked like a nice one and many people were enjoying it during our stay.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Ryan G, General Manager at Ramada Trenton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Thank you for your review Duane L! We really appreciate it and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Best Regards,

Ryan Gibbs

Reviewed 28 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Ryan G, General Manager at Ramada Trenton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trenton
Travelodge Trenton
Best Western Belleville
#2 of 8 in Belleville
TownePlace Suites Belleville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville

Been to Ramada Trenton? Share your experiences!