“Nice hotel, overall average.”

Comfort Inn Trenton
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Trenton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Overall it wasn't a bad place to stay. We got the room at a good rate considering. Checking in we found a strong odor of cigarettes. Staff welcomed us nicely, however, realizing the room was on the second floor, I asked for room on the first because my wife had very sore knee. She said we could, as long as we paid more, in which we declined. So I think they could have accommodated us considering the hotel wasn't full.
Overall, the room was clean with fridge and microwave. Beds were comfortable, and for the most part, quiet.
I would stay again. It served us well. It's location is good, just off the 401.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Jen F, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Trenton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send a review of our hotel.
We might be having renovations done within the year that will make a difference.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is your typical comfort inn--no frills and basic comfortable accommodation. The bed was comfortable and had 4 smaller pillows--I would have preferred larger pillows but that is a matter of choice. The room was clean and the only complaint I would have is the heating system. It is one of the older systems were the heater is very hard to adjust--the room is either very hot or cold. Maybe if I had stayed longer I would have found the perfect setting. The breakfast is typical--waffles, cereal, toast etc. Would like to see them add eggs or other hot entry as several other chains have started doing. I cannot complain about this hotel but I cannot rave about it either --as I said it is your typical comfort inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HappyWanderer9
Jen F, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Trenton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Normally I would give not this type of hotel a 5 rating but the service and the accommodation exceeded my expectations. We needed a stopover after a long drive and the Comfort Inn suited this very well. The hotel room was very clean, spacious and equipped with a fridge, microwave, desk with two chairs, coffee maker etc and included free breakfast (basic but sufficient) and cost about 95$. Why pay more? The staff could not have been nicer both on arrival and departure. Additionally I accidentally spilled juice over the breakfast area and the young lady taking care of the area immediately cleaned everything in a very cheerful manner. An added plus was the fact that we could bring the breakfast back to the room. The hotel is a short walk (5 min) to two fast food outlets - Tim Horton's and McDonalds - not exactly gourmet but convenient if that is what you want.
All in all a positive experience - Kudos to the staff

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 12Brian12
Jen F, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Trenton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Merry Christmas!

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review! All of us at the Comfort Inn Trenton look forward to seeing you in the New Year!

Take care!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff, exceptionally dog friendly - important since I travel with 2 pups. Am very surprised by the exceptionally negative review from corwallgoestode. I wonder if we stayed at the same place??? I am there about 6 times a year. Never have I experienced any of the negatives in the other review. Is this the most posh place - no. Rather it is my very comfortable home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Jen F, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Trenton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you so much for your comments!

Have a save and wonderful Christmas

We hope to see you and the pups next year!!!

Take care!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Last week we stayed at a Comfort Inn & Suites in North Conway NH. It was clean and very comfortable so we decided to book another night on our trip at the Comfort Inn in Trenton, ON. Wow, there is no comparison in quality, cleanliness or price. Our room was on the second floor and there is no elevator so we had to lug our suitcases up the stairs by hand. We are two seniors and this is not acceptable. The bedspreads and chairs in our room were all stained and dirty. One spread even had dried blood on it. The beds were hard and the night table was sticky. The bathroom door squeaked and the grout on the floor was dirty. The toilet seat was loose. This place needs a lot of work!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jen F, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Trenton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We apologize if you were disappointed with our hotel. Next summer we are undergoing renovations that will most certainly make an improvement!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

While attending a dog show in Belleville in late October 2013, we had a list of pet friendly hotels to chose from from the show commitee. The Belleville Comfort Inn had such bad ratings on this site so we decided to go furthur away and booked the better rated Trenton Comfort Inn. When we checked in, I went to turn on a lamp which would not work. Looked, and plug was not plugged in. Should not have looked, I don't think the dresser had ever been cleaned behind since the hotel was built. Was disgusted! The next thing was to change the temperature of the room as it was too hot. The machine in the room would not work. Looked underneath to see if it was plugged in and again, should not have. After passing my hands through spider webs and dirt, I ensured it was plugged in firmly and tried again. No, temperature could not be changed as machine not working. So we had to sleep with the patio door slightly open so the room would not be so hot. Very comforting to sleep with and eye and ear open wondering if anyone is going to come into your room during the night! OK, well lets get some nice cool water for the dogs. Go to sink and only choices are warm or hot? Husband notices the cold water supply is turned off. He turns it back on and we have cold water. The problem is the cold water continues to run even if tap turned off. So we settle into the room and I go to take a bath. Notice bathtub has pubic hair in it! Now I am feeling sick to my stomach. I go to the front desk and tell them of all the problems and am told that she is the only one working so there is no one to fix or clean anything. Ask for another room. Get the key to one of the 2 remaining rooms and walk in to check it out. The floor in the bathroom had not been washed and was so sticky you could hear my shoes sticking to the floor as I walked around it. So now I see that there will not be a better room. Tell the person at the desk that I will look for another hotel for the second day of my stay. She tells me all hotels in Trenton & Belleville fully booked due to many hockey tournaments. I call other hotels and cannot get a room. And things just get better. We must of had the worst hockey team and team champerons ever as they spent the evning running up and down the hotel and yelling despite many hotel guests sticking their heads out the door and asking them to quiet down. I should have known it was going to be this way as each hockey parent coming in came with a case of bear or a cooler. The hockey party ended up being accross the hall from my room. How wonderful! A bunch of drunks with bad kids. Asked them a few times to close the door to their room to cut down the noise. When we went to check out on Sunday October 27th, the girl at the desk asked how we enjoyed our stay? I told her we didn't and had complained. She then read off a list of our complaints so she knew about them. I thought she would discount our stay or something. No, nadda! Will never stay or recomment this place to anyone. And if this Comfort Inn is better then the Belleville one, well, I can't even imagine it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank cornwallgoestodr
Jen F, General Manager at Comfort Inn Trenton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

We regret that you found our hotel unsatisfactory. The maintenance man checked on the AC/Heater and it was switched to heat not cool air. If you have never used this type before, they can be quite baffling.

We apologize for the scratches in the tub but we are very excited about renovations that we will be having done in the spring!

There is some confusion regarding the cleanliness of the room. We pride ourselves on the positive comments from guests on how well our room attendants clean our rooms.

The weekend was very busy with a hockey tournament but we had no other complaints. The staff found the team to be very well behaved.

Again, we apologize for your bad experience but hope that we will see you again soon.

Management
Comfort Inn Trenton

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We arrived at 2am in the night for a short lie down so weren't up to changing rooms even though the bathroom was not properly cleaned. Toilet paper in the toilet not flushed and hair on the counter. We were in a non-smoking room with lots of burn holes....one on the toilet seat, one in the bed spread, one on the wall, two on the night stand.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WendyBDob
Jen F, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Trenton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

The room that you were in has always been a non smoking room. Upon inspection, the Manager and the Housekeeping Supervisor could not the burn holes that you have mentioned.

Is it all possible that you were thinking of another hotel that you had stayed in during your trip?

Jen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trenton
Travelodge Trenton
#5 of 8 in Belleville
Best Western Belleville
Best Western Belleville
#2 of 8 in Belleville

Been to Comfort Inn Trenton? Share your experiences!