“Surprised beyond Belief”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Trenton
Ottawa, Ohio
“Surprised beyond Belief”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our Group had a conference at CBVI, Trenton on the 5th & 6th of May. We were full of apprehension, since, this was the first time, we were coming to this part of Ontario. However, we were very happy, we made this choice. It was almost like HOME....The newly renovated facilities, with New Doors & Windows, were extremely good. We had the banquet hall & the pool to full delight and for the 50 odd of us, it was a wonderful time. The Hotel Staff made everything possible, to take care of our needs. The back-side of the Hotel, with it's park-like-setting excited our children, for their fun and games. We shall surely have many more of these, at this venue. Next time, find some time, for Fishing, boating & some Golf.

Room Tip: Higher Floors are a little more quieter,
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Thomas M
Can.Best V, Manager at Motel 6 Trenton, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear customer, Thank you for your positive feed back. we are delighted that your stay was enjoyable, and we do hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Kind regards, management!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 20 July 2014

nice enviroment and staff, convenient to 401
swimming pool open to 10 in the evening, and breakfast included in the morning
room with air conditioning and flat TV
the hotel is small-sized but is a nice place to stay

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank shendeng j
Thank you for your positive feedback. We were glad to hear that you had a nice stay with us. We do hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms are modest and clean. The inn itself needs some updating and the amenities are inaccurately advertised. The pool and gym are next door at the local gym and not within the inn. They should be advertising that guests have use of the gym and its facilities but not that it's at the inn. Big difference.

• Stayed July 2014
Can.Best V, Manager at Motel 6 Trenton, responded to this review, 1 October 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We have just finished the renovation and we will pay more attention to our advertising.

Travellers are raving about these Trenton hotels

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was running low on choices for hotels in the area and this one had vacancy so I chose it. I was traveling with my wife and two teenage children and stayed for one night.

The Pros: Staff are friendly, rooms are clean, AC worked well, good sized rooms.
The Cons: Toilet was not working (but I found a work around), I could have had a maintenance person come by but it was getting late and I could just turn the water on and off at the valve. This was clearly a maintenance issue where if you left the water shut off valve open the toilet would run full out and would keep you awake. Workers from the hotel were partying until 4 am below us - I did not call down because kept thinking it would end because it was within earshot of the front desk and sprawling out into the parking lot. I thought of yelling down to shut up but that would have woken my kids so I just rolled with it.

Overall it looks like it is new management and they are getting the hang of running a hotel. If it was just myself or on a road trip with the guys it would be perfect. I would stay there again if it was just me - but probably not stay as a family.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you are looking for a clean hotel to use as a stop-over this may be the place for you.It isn't far from the 401, the room was clean, had a flat-screen with cable, a small (yet noisy) bar fridge, was air-conditioned, check-in/ out was easy and I found the staff to be friendly. Also, I signed up for a free America's Best Value Card online which saved me 15% off of the already economical price.

Bring earplugs because the train-tracks behind the inn are very busy and very loud. There isn't an elevator so if you are on the 2nd floor you will have to carry suitcases upstairs.There are only plastics cups, soap bars and packets of shampoo for amenities in the room, the shower is low (I'm 5'7" and had to lean) and the continental breakfast shouldn't be relied on (there's a Tim Hortons down the road). We didn't use or see the gym or pool so cannot comment on them. I would stay here again as a stop-over.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Frankford, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Once again this hotel is under renovation. No breakfast. The pool is a part of the adjoining gym complex. At the time was under repair. For the price and smell etc I would rather recommend staying at the Ramada Trenton over by Leon's. Save your money from here.

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank IreneHaidner
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed 9 February 2014

For Business, I visit the Quinte area, several times, a year....This place is AWESOME FOR THE MONEY.......Under New Management, with every effort being put.....TO SERVE THEIR GUESTS, I see unbelievable changes....Flat panel TV's were an added feature, specially with the Winter Olympics going on....and a management, ever-willing, to make your stay comfortable...Renovations are at a Fast Pace. Enjoyed, working-out at the fitness centre & using the heated pool....And the Restaurant, over the week-end....Did not have the time for the Sauna, the hot-tub or the Squash Courts....(all for newt time) ......Somehow, I FEET VERY WELCOME........

John...

Room Tip: If you are on the lower floor, then, you can park your vehicle (be it a car, or a truck or a trailer...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank James B
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the stay with us. We hope to be of service to you soon again.

Kind regards, management!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trenton
Travelodge Trenton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Belleville
Best Western Belleville
Best Western Belleville
#2 of 7 in Belleville

Been to Motel 6 Trenton? Share your experiences!