“Great addition to Trenton”

The Port Bistro Pub
Ranked #13 of 78 Restaurants in Trenton
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Trenton, The Port Bistro Pub is located in a beautifully restored historical building overlooking the Trent waterway. In the summer season, there is a spacious patio where you can watch the boats pass. Inside we feature the work of local artists & live music on Saturday nights. Everything is made in house including hand-cut frites, desserts, and all sauces and dressings. The menu changes seasonally. We are proud of our unique beer list featuring local and regional brewers. We offer a comprehensive wine list and a great selection of cocktails and martinis. Additionally, we offer warm, friendly customer service and a fun unpretentious atmosphere that is uniquely ours. We strive to go above and beyond our patron's expectations and make The Port something the community can be proud of. The Port is locally owned and operated. We invite you to join us for some shared plates with friends, a full course meal or just a drink on the patio.
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Great patio that overlooks the river! The menu is varied and a nice change from some of the tried and true. I tried the burger and it was great! Definitely one of the best restaurants in the city.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

This place has a different menu which is nice to see. not the same old stuff, their thinking outside the box. nice patio looking over the Trent Severn Waterway and nice indoors as well.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I've been there a couple of times, as part of a group and with just my boyfriend. Both times I found the service to be quite lacking and the food to over over hyped and underflavoured or improperly prepared ie: burnt gravy on the poutine, pulled pork with no seasoning, dried out hamburger, etc.

I wouldn't reccommend a meal at this restaurant, but if you're looking for somewhere to go for drinks, it's quite nice when they have live music.

Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Six of us visited on a Thursday night. , make reservations as space is limited. They phoned the day of to confirm which is nice. Madelein was our server and she was excellent. She explaind the dishes and took her time. Now I found the portions a little undersized and that applied to most of the dishes from burgers, Halibut and especially the mac n cheese for the prices. We had the Charcuterie app and several orders of mussels, excellent.
The patio is nice and dinning room. The olive tapenade is a nice touch that they send comp. My bill was $120.00 with a $20.. Tip for just my wife and I. Tommasos next door is a better value.

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

I wanted to try out this place after seeing all the great reviews so my husband and I drove out of our way to stop in. When we went in the door was opened but there were no customers. We asked if they were open and got snapped at by someone behind the bar that NO they were not and did not open until four. So we left and went elsewhere. The best part was it was 3:50. Seriously? They could have nicely explained they opened in 10 minutes and either allowed us to wait at a table or suggested we take a walk down the street. There was no need for attitude and rudeness. Sadly it turned me off ever going here.