“Pleasant experience”

Ranked #3 of 76 Restaurants in Trenton
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Golden Valley Restaurant is locally owned and operatedand has been serving the Quinte area since 1977. Our mission hasbeen and continues to be, to provide excellent and affordablefamily dining, in a relaxed and friendly environment.We measure our success in terms of customer satisfaction. Tothis end, we use only the finest quality ingredients to prepare ourmeals and we train our staff to make your dining out an enjoyableexperience
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We had a very pleasant dinner at Golden Valley. Our server was wonderful and very attentive. The food was wonderful. This was my first visit to Golden Valley and I will definitely be back again.

2  Thank itsmeinhere

Reviewed 29 December 2012

The decor is circa 80's but it's clean and in good condition. Pride of ownership shows. (Nicely polished brass railings and mirrors). We were shown to our table from a distance. The hostess pointed at a table and said "That's your table". But it didn't take long for the waitress to show up and she was excellent and knowledgeable. The bring a couple warm buns....ask for more and they'll bring a couple more.

This place is known for the steaks and roast beef. We didn't order either.....just seemed over-priced. In fact the whole extensive menu is a bit on the high side.....maybe not high by big-city standards, but certainly high by Trenton pricing. It seems to be a place to go for special occasions judging by the birthday candles. And popular with the "grey-haired" crowd.

The real problem is that the menu is as dated as the decor. (Menu is on their website). It's the same things you've seen everywhere....some Italian, some fish, some meat dishes....some of everything. Nowadays the same items are available in any roadhouse or pub. With a large menu like that, it usually requires that the restaurant stock a lot of "frozen" items. Nothing really stands out and gives you that "Wow Factor". Nothing original or sophisticated. But the real flaw is that the food is generally "Bland". A chef really needs to open a spice bottle or two. Bland, bland, bland! But whatever they served was cooked very well. Cooked well but lacking in any taste sensation. Expect to pay about $30-$40 per person with tax and tip plus add cost of appetizers, drinks, wine and dessert and the bill escalates quickly.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

Although the food was average, the service was very proffesional. I do find the menu very overprised for the community we live in.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

The Golden Valley is a perfect restaurant to go and have a great meal.
The staff are so friendly and the service is great. The atmosphere is fantastic. Very nice restaurant.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

The Golden Valley is one of the very few premier restaurants in Trenton. They have a very large menu with a broad assortment to suit any craving you may have. They also have an awesome lunch menu and separate take-out area for those who live/work nearby. It is a nice clean restaurant, friendly staff, and on some weekend evenings they even hire a pianist to quietly entertain the guests as they dine. I like that. It's a nice touch.

I would have easily given them a 5 star rating, but there's a couple things that knocked it down: The price on some items is a little high, and their portion/quality control seems to be inconsistent. We have ordered the same meal on many occasions, and when it gets to the table one plate has considerably more food on it than the others.

Also, periodically the steak is not up to the $20+ cost. I don't mind paying more than $20 for a steak, but it better be a decent cut. However, once in a while, not often, they'll try to pawn off a cheap flimsy quarter-inch cut of beef (suitable only for a take-out steak sandwich, in my opinion) and try and tell me it's some sort of New York Strip. No, it's not. And back to the kitchen it goes. They are quick to fix the issue, so they get most of those points back.

If I could give a 4.5 rating, I would. But to me, a 5 star rating would mean flawless.

Overall, I highly recommend the Golden Valley for anybody looking for a decent meal and quiet relaxing atmosphere.