“They Got You, why try?”

Best Western Smiths Falls Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Smiths Falls
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week. Check in was quick and painless and the desk clerk was polite, efficient and friendly. When I entered my room it appeared to be clean. I was disappointed that the cleaning person didn't see any point in putting shampoo in the the bathroom just a skinny wee bottle of hand cream and conditioner. I was disappointed with the fact that my sheets weren't changed and that the iron board was broken. Breakfast was a write off- hot food was barely warm and not much to choose from and having gluten allergy I was not able to inquire if the generic bag style eggs and sausages contained gluten. So there was no value for me. The room rate was incredibly high seeing as the pool was closed.

The one thing they do have going for them is there are many places within walking distance to eat. Walmart is handy so you can buy shampoo. With all this being said, the staff I did see were friendly. The hotel was very noisy and every time neighbors above and below had a shower I could hear it loud and clear. For that reason I felt bad taking my shower at 5:00 am. One thing that really pisses me off is coming in the side door a d finding my card no longer gives me access. With my arms full of stuff walk around to the desk to find a sign that says, "back in 5 minutes". I almost peed right on the lobby floor.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We requested a handicapped room for our elderly Mother who is in a wheelchair. The "handicapped" part consisted of a bar on the wall by the toilet. The toilet was totally inadequate (to low) as was the bathing facilities. There was only a bathtub. Its very hard for a handicapped person to get in a bathtub and there was no hand held shower head. Also the beds were very high and very difficult to get onto. The service was good and the motel clean but they need to update the facilities for handicapped people.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank newtraveller987561
bwsmithsfalls, General Manager at Best Western Smiths Falls Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay. I am going to bring up your comments to our owners to see if they could make some room in their next renovation budget to make some of our room more accessible. We do take pride in our customer service and housekeeping, and I am glad that you felt the same way about our efforts.

Cheers

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Checked in the other day and hotel has undergone renovations since the last time I was there. It is quite nice but the room we had still had to finish painting the bathroom. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Was quite impressed with the renovations. Would have rated the hotel higher until I took a shower in the morning--could only get warm water (not hot) and this ran out before I finished so I rinsed off with cold water. The person I was travelling with could only get cold water. I was travelling with a group of people and they all had cold showers in the morning. They have spent a fair amount of money on renovations but should seriously look at their hot water system. If it hadn't been for that I would have rated the hotel higher.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank HappyWanderer9
bwsmithsfalls, General Manager at Best Western Smiths Falls Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Hi,

I do sincerely apologize. This should have been a quick fix by the desk clerk, but as I asked her later on that afternoon she just got frazzled. Not to make any excuses. It was a simple breaker that was tripped that stopped the motor from working. Once again, I apologize.

On the other hand, thank you for the nice note regarding the renovations. We worked hard to receive complete these, and will try to continue to improve the hotel.

Cheers,
Amit Patel

Reviewed 20 March 2013

My wife and I stayed 17 -20 March 2013 and I must say the room and the staff were excellent but one thing that bothered me and my wife was in taking a bath there was no vertical hand bar to assist in lifting yourself up from your sitting position in the tub. On the right side of the tub in room #111 there is no edge of the tub to grab or put your hand to assist with the left side of the tub edge. I have hip replacements on both hips plus knee replacements and I had to call my wife into the room to assist me out. I would like to see the vertical shower and tub bar installed for future stays at the Inn and for other senior guests, which we are, to aid in baths and showers.
Tnank You - The Inn in Smiths Falls will our pick on future trips.

Room Tip: Senior people check the tub and shower for the vertical assist bar other than that the room and serv...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan R
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Stayed one night at Best Western Colonel By Inn in Smiths Falls Ontario a few days ago. Room clean, bed comfortable, bathroom spotless, clean towels. Breakfast needs improvement in the choice of food, hot and cold. Could be more generous. No staff on sight at the time to clean up or refresh milk, tables, etc. Staff at the desk in the morning somewhat disinterested compared to a warm welcome the previous evening. Room on second floor was quiet. No elevator. Well located. Good off-street parking available. MacDonald and KFC opposite and a great Scottish pub nearby. Average.

M. Speerin

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are quieter. No elevator. Bed very comfortable to insure a good night slee...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This is a pretty basic hotel. I can't imagine too many people vacationing in Smiths Falls --- so if you just need somewhere to sleep for a couple of nights - this is probably the place to be. We have stayed here 3 times over the years --- the rooms have been clean and the staff friendly.

The breakfast is okay -- there are some warm eggs and you can make fresh waffles.

The price does seem a little high -- but -- I guess with limited options -- you have to pay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We stayed for 1 night to attend my daughter's gymnastics competition. Friendly and helpful staff at check in and check out. Took the time to give us directions with a map. Really appreciated the hotel opening breakfast early for us. Good breakfast area - very well appointed. Room was comfortable and clean. Would highly recommend. Good value.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
#4 of 4 in Smiths Falls
Roger's Motel
Roger's Motel
#3 of 4 in Smiths Falls

Been to Best Western Smiths Falls Hotel? Share your experiences!