“Comfortable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Smiths Falls
Toronto, ON
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel while on a business trip. It was located near some restaurants and on the main road into town. The room was comfortable and well kept. The breakfast was fantastic, eggs, sausage, etc. Better than in other Best Western hotels that I have stayed in. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Orangeville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed at the Best Western in Smiths Falls last evening actually on a Monday night,...and it is quite adequate for what we needed. We have a dog and they allowed her to be there,..which is super. They even put us in a room on the 1st floor at the end of the hall which was convenient for us to take her in and out. It was a very quiet room and I did not hear any noise at all during the night, not even the fridge clicking on and off. I am a very light sleeper and I found it super quiet. The continental breakfast in the morning from fine,...with some scrambled eggs, and sausages. You can have cereal, yogourt, toast and make your own waffles as well, so it is enough for the traveller. The bed was clean and so was the room. I have no complaints at all and the staff were very very friendly and accomodating as well. Thank you Best Western.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of the hotel away from any traffic there may be in Smiths Falls during the nig...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OntarioTravellers684
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

Was visiting my folks and with 2 very small children we opted to stay at a hotel. The room and bathroom were spotless and the bed was spot on. Despite other reviews about noise, I found it quite peaceful even with 2 young children. I didn't hear my neighbors and didn't hear much noise out in the hall. Hotel breakfast is hotel breakfast, seriously complainers get over it. It was warm, filling and best of all..... free. We were there for a few days and the experience was how it should be at a hotel. Will be back for sure.

Stayed May 2013
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights when we were attending a wedding nearby. We checked in late at night, and there was only 1 employee at the hotel, but we were attended to quickly and efficiently. They unfortunately did not honour the group rate we were supposed to get for booking as part of the wedding. Other members of our group had similar problems.
The room was clean, the bed quite comfortable. We could hear people walking by in the hallway, but it was mostly quiet while we were there. There was a TV and mini fridge, but no safe. The bathroom was very large and clean, but seemed to be partway through a renovation, as the paint on the walls was peeling and irregular and there was a lot of just empty space. The water pressure is good, but to the point that I felt bad turning on the faucet... the fixtures are ancient and must waste gallons and gallons of water on a daily basis.
We kept the privacy sign on the door all day, but received a note that said we were still welcome to request fresh towels from the front desk, which was appreciated.
The included breakfast was decent. The fresh waffles were good, and we enjoyed the few hot food items as well.
The location is convenient, with a Beer Store, a convenience store and a McDonald's right across the street. It's also right on the main highway into the town, so easy to get to.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
King City, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week. Check in was quick and painless and the desk clerk was polite, efficient and friendly. When I entered my room it appeared to be clean. I was disappointed that the cleaning person didn't see any point in putting shampoo in the the bathroom just a skinny wee bottle of hand cream and conditioner. I was disappointed with the fact that my sheets weren't changed and that the iron board was broken. Breakfast was a write off- hot food was barely warm and not much to choose from and having gluten allergy I was not able to inquire if the generic bag style eggs and sausages contained gluten. So there was no value for me. The room rate was incredibly high seeing as the pool was closed.

The one thing they do have going for them is there are many places within walking distance to eat. Walmart is handy so you can buy shampoo. With all this being said, the staff I did see were friendly. The hotel was very noisy and every time neighbors above and below had a shower I could hear it loud and clear. For that reason I felt bad taking my shower at 5:00 am. One thing that really pisses me off is coming in the side door a d finding my card no longer gives me access. With my arms full of stuff walk around to the desk to find a sign that says, "back in 5 minutes". I almost peed right on the lobby floor.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
toronto ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

We requested a handicapped room for our elderly Mother who is in a wheelchair. The "handicapped" part consisted of a bar on the wall by the toilet. The toilet was totally inadequate (to low) as was the bathing facilities. There was only a bathtub. Its very hard for a handicapped person to get in a bathtub and there was no hand held shower head. Also the beds were very high and very difficult to get onto. The service was good and the motel clean but they need to update the facilities for handicapped people.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank newtraveller987561
bwsmithsfalls, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Colonel By Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay. I am going to bring up your comments to our owners to see if they could make some room in their next renovation budget to make some of our room more accessible. We do take pride in our customer service and housekeeping, and I am glad that you felt the same way about our efforts.

Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

Checked in the other day and hotel has undergone renovations since the last time I was there. It is quite nice but the room we had still had to finish painting the bathroom. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Was quite impressed with the renovations. Would have rated the hotel higher until I took a shower in the morning--could only get warm water (not hot) and this ran out before I finished so I rinsed off with cold water. The person I was travelling with could only get cold water. I was travelling with a group of people and they all had cold showers in the morning. They have spent a fair amount of money on renovations but should seriously look at their hot water system. If it hadn't been for that I would have rated the hotel higher.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank HappyWanderer9
bwsmithsfalls, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Colonel By Inn, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Hi,

I do sincerely apologize. This should have been a quick fix by the desk clerk, but as I asked her later on that afternoon she just got frazzled. Not to make any excuses. It was a simple breaker that was tripped that stopped the motor from working. Once again, I apologize.

On the other hand, thank you for the nice note regarding the renovations. We worked hard to receive complete these, and will try to continue to improve the hotel.

Cheers,
Best Inn Motel
Best Inn Motel
#4 of 4 in Smiths Falls
Perth Manor Boutique Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN Colonel By Inn? Share your experiences!